Bump Stop question

sinus19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will the front shocks bottom out if i cut off the oem front bump stops and replace them with flat ones?... the front is stock height btw.

I dont know, why not?
..... im replacing tie rods, ball jointz etc and i thought maybe replacing the bump stops would be a good idea as well and besides i could get a little smoother ride by swapping out the bump stops?

Because factory almost sits on bumpstops. You'll get a bit better ride especially over bumps. Won't hurt a thing. We remove entire cup and rubber on 2-3" drops in front without ever bottoming out.:burnout:

Will the front shocks bottom out if i cut off the oem front bump stops and replace them with flat ones?... the front is stock height btw.

I'm not 100% sure so don't quote me. I would think that the shocks or worse yet the control arms would hit something that they are not designed to. You also have the possibility of the front tires may hit the fender/liner.

Because factory almost sits on bumpstops. You'll get a bit better ride especially over bumps. Won't hurt a thing. We remove entire cup and rubber on 2-3" drops in front without ever bottoming out.:burnout:

Thanks! Will do, ill start grinding and chopping.

I'm not 100% sure so don't quote me. I would think that the shocks or worse yet the control arms would hit something that they are not designed to. You also have the possibility of the front tires may hit the fender/liner.

IF this were to happen i thnk the best solution would be to add a spacer on the bump stop.

The red ones that came with Tony's front end Polyurithane kit.

When in doubt, cut em out!

Us professionals know better than those damn SRT engineer eggheads.

Last edited:
Well i couldnt find the F'en disk nut for the grinder. Dont remember where i left it. Soo i said F'It, and i just left them alone ha. Thanks guys.
Heres some pics of my progress so far.

2 days worth of work! 1 full day trying to remove the bushing out of the new control arms! and no i didnt have access to torch again.

what are the torque specs for the ball joints and tie rod joints?

I hope this helps!

TORQUE
DESCRIPTION N·m Ft. Lbs. In. Lbs.
Shock Absorber Upper Nut 4X4 54 40 —
Shock Absorber Lower Bolt 4X4 135 100 —
Shock Absorber Upper Nut 4X2 54 40 —
Shock Absorber Lower Bolt 4X2 35 25 —
Lower Suspension Arm Frame Nuts LD 4X2 & 4X4 204 150 —
Lower Suspension Arm Frame Nuts HD 4X2 285 210 —
Lower Suspension Arm Ball Joint Nut 1500 series only 52 Then an additional 90° 38 Then an additional 90° —
Lower Suspension Arm Ball Joint Nut (HD 4X2 only 135 100 —
Upper Suspension Arm Frame Nuts (LD) 132 97 —
Upper Suspension Arm Frame Nuts (HD 4X2 only) 170 125 —
Upper Suspension Arm Ball Joint Nut 1500 series only 54 Then an additional 90° 40 Then an additional 90° —
Upper Suspension Arm Ball Joint Nut HD 68 50 —
Stabilizer Bar Frame Bolt 61 45 —
Stabilizer Link Lower Control Arm Nut 102 75 —
Stabilizer Link Stabilizer Bar Nut 27 20 —
Hub/Bearing Bolts (LD) 163 120 —
Hub/Bearing Bolts (HD 4X2) 176 130 —
Tie Rod End Nut 61 Then an additional 90° 45 Then an additional 90° —

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back