Busted by the Boss...for smoking

Cruster said:
I'm also aware that if it's your business you can dictate policy. I'm just trying to decide how far we let this go...might be irreversible now I'm afraid. Hope not. I put my ass on the line in the Nam for our "freedoms"....hate to think it was in vain...

This was addressed in Florida when I lived there. The issue was not smoking in your own car...the issue was a personal fire arm in a vehicle on company property. The company had a no firearms on site policy, and someone challenged it based on state law that allows firearms in vehicles.

I believe the court basically said: "If you don't comply with the company policy you can quit or you can get fired."

Not sure I agree with that but that seems to be the attitude of the courts.

Thanks again for your service in Vietnam, and if no one has said it lately: "Welcome Home"

MUTT said:
Change to an electric cigarette. I been using one since april 6th and have gone from 3 packs of marlboro reds a day to 0.

Good for you Mutt!!!!

I have to believe that the electronic cig, has to be MUCH safer than the real thing!

Troy's QC SRT said:
Ha ha people offer me dip, like dudes its the shit! I just tell them that black people don't dip!!
i have a buddy that has a cousin thats aunt seen a black guy dippin....im just sayin its possible

505'sFastestViper. said:
i have a buddy that has a cousin thats aunt seen a black guy dippin....im just sayin its possible

LMAO!! well tell your buddies cousin, auntie that next time she see that black guy dipping to walk up to him and polity asks for his black card:D

I'll send you a Habano that you can light up while walking down the main corridors of the facility. ...... on your last day, that is..... :rolleyes:

Anti-smoking Nazis suck........

Yer out in your truck, for crying out loud.......

D

as far as I know.... you are legally obligated to defer to the company policy. by your choosing to work there you do give up some rights, dress code, verbal rights, and smoking on property, are all things that can be completely legal to control because you chose to work there sorry but I think they are right in there douche baggery :( be happy they also have the right to search your locker , desk and other spaces at work , without cause or warrant , so it could be worse

Troy's QC SRT said:
Ha ha people offer me dip, like dudes its the shit! I just tell them that black people don't dip!!

LOL I've had black friends that dip.... females too:D

Being a cigarette smoker does not put you into a protected class. Therefore, your employer (and anyone) can legally discriminate against you as a smoker. You hve no case what so ever.

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
I say get "D" to send you that cigar, and after you light it and take a couple puffs, put it out in his coffee cup:D

That, I can get away with....thought about just decking the self appointed parking lot monitoring SOB, but, makes it too hard to get another job, cause they rat you under the table, even though they are not supposed to.

Obviously, the simple answer is ......don't smoke. All sorts of great reasons for that, but being told what to do just makes me belligerent, specially by someone who is all ego and no brains. He's been collecting bad karma for some time, I'm sure his day will come. Gonna file a grievance anyway for his behavior...he was very unprofessional and I won't bore everyone with the details. My direct supervisor talked to the union rep and I can hang him on not following policy and harassment.....be a hassle but I might just be up for it :D :D :D

Anyway, this shit is a waste of life.....appreciate all the input. Sposed to be out having FUN!!!

CRUSTER, uare not alone by any means! I'd have to fire ME if I was workin for myself! Must be that halfbreed in me that dislikes the BS comin down in our daily lives more & more. Good luck & at least let em know ur around!

Cruster said:
That, I can get away with....thought about just decking the self appointed parking lot monitoring SOB, but, makes it too hard to get another job, cause they rat you under the table, even though they are not supposed to.

Obviously, the simple answer is ......don't smoke. All sorts of great reasons for that, but being told what to do just makes me belligerent, specially by someone who is all ego and no brains. He's been collecting bad karma for some time, I'm sure his day will come. Gonna file a grievance anyway for his behavior...he was very unprofessional and I won't bore everyone with the details. My direct supervisor talked to the union rep and I can hang him on not following policy and harassment.....be a hassle but I might just be up for it :D :D :D

Anyway, this shit is a waste of life.....appreciate all the input. Sposed to be out having FUN!!!

Next time just pull your truck just outside of the property line......

Nazi bastids.....

D

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
bbbbwwwahahahahahahahahaha dam redneck:p
:hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello:

FATJACK said:
:hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello: :hello:
:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back