buyers remorse?

furgy667

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was shopping for tires last night. Id had a couple of cold ones... and well I cam across these.
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findWheelDetail.do?v=009060|2004&pc=60831&wd=22&rw=9.5
I know Venom Power has these in gunmetal , and I really like the look. That said I have always loved the stockers, and wanted to powder coat them black . My problem was that I needed 2 new oem wheels and well I have to have my truck every other weekend and didn't have the down time to send them off. So when I came across these last night cheaper than the tires I was looking at .. I went for it. I am excited about getting the wheels but at the same time a little worried I won't like em. I guess at the end of the day Ill still have the stockers. and if I don't like these I can always go the other route.
What do you guys think????

O these are the tires I went with .http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...nter=2&ar=40&rd=22&vid=009060&sw=false&cs=305

I have run these before on my last truck and was very happy with the tread life and the performance.

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

looks good:burnout:

Thanks guys feeling much better about my purchase.:rock: :rock:
I guess in the end it was the price is what got me . I have eyeballed these wheels before , but the out the door price kinda got to me. Total price shipped to the door , with road force balance , and the lugs, was $1,425.00. Just seems like a great bang for the buck. She has to have new shoes and I just could not bring my self to mount new tires on the 2 fugged up rims.

I guess ill need to repaint the calipers since there going to show a lot more with these mounted.

Brandon

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
ok then we did out job:rock:

now lets tell him they look like ars!:p :p
Gee thanks Stinker way to build a man up ... just to knock him off a hire perch..

Now see if I were you id have said something like....
Man the only way your going to pull off those rims is if you buy a 2 inch rear lowering kit ... from .. I don't know maybe JTS!!!!!

furgy667 said:
Gee thanks Stinker way to build a man up ... just to knock him off a hire perch..

Now see if I were you id have said something like....
Man the only way your going to pull off those rims is if you buy a 2 inch rear lowering kit ... from .. I don't know maybe JTS!!!!!
:p :p :p you know I jsut messin:D

Momma doin ok these days? tell her I said howdy:rock:

:p :p :p you know I jsut messin:D

Momma doin ok these days? tell her I said howdy:rock:

Moms is doing a lot better , My granny is not . Going down to pic her up from rehab tomorrow . She just got diagnosed with Parkinson. It really seems to be progressing fast for her . 2 months ago she had a tremor . Now her whole upper body shakes pretty bad.

furgy667 said:
Moms is doing a lot better , My granny is not . Going down to pic her up from rehab tomorrow . She just got diagnosed with Parkinson. It really seems to be progressing fast for her . 2 months ago she had a tremor . Now her whole upper body shakes pretty bad.
sorry about that buddy:eek: give grammy a big ol hug for us tho, and our prayers go with ya bud, you are def one heck of a guy, and mom thinks very highly of you:rock:

sorry about that buddy:eek: give grammy a big ol hug for us tho, and our prayers go with ya bud, you are def one heck of a guy, and mom thinks very highly of you:rock:
Thanks Stinker I sure will . Ill be sure to get some pictures up when they come in. I still can't get over the price. Seems cheep for 22 to me.

Wish i would have known you were looking for stock wheels, i have 3 that are in perfect shape off the truck i bought (one was ruined), that i am looking to sell.

toofast_28 said:
Wish i would have known you were looking for stock wheels, i have 3 that are in perfect shape off the truck i bought (one was ruined), that i am looking to sell.
Yeah like I said the price is what got me . I bought 4 new rims for 240.00 more than what you want for 1 wheel. Not knocking your asking price , I am just saying buy the time I bought 2 oem wheels... sent all 4 off and powder-coated them,,, I would be way over what I paid for 4 new 22 rims. I am just worried about the build quality ..

Last edited:
Wheels have arrived

Wheels came in today and I am pleased so far. Did not get a chance to test and see how good they are balanced . I started drinking while waiting on the ups guy:p Tomorrow she gets a bath and I plan on painting the calipers. Sorry for the bad pic .

2010-04-09191338Small.jpg
[/IMG]

furgy, the thing I was doing the stuff was bad, resanded, sent them out today buddy sorry, but they should all be there monday my goood man:D

furgy, the thing I was doing the stuff was bad, resanded, sent them out today buddy sorry, but they should all be there monday my goood man:D

No worries Stinker . If I needed the stuff on a deadline I would have told you before I ordered. I cant put the drop kit on here any way. No level ground . I found the most level place to install the wheels and almost had a accident. The jack slipped under the rear end and was hanging on the edge of the pumpkin by a hair. I ran and got a scissor jack and saved the day but I was sweating bullets for a minute.

furgy667 said:
No worries Stinker . If I needed the stuff on a deadline I would have told you before I ordered. I cant put the drop kit on here any way. No level ground . I found the most level place to install the wheels and almost had a accident. The jack slipped under the rear end and was hanging on the edge of the pumpkin by a hair. I ran and got a scissor jack and saved the day but I was sweating bullets for a minute.
crap bubba, be careful bro:eek:

crap bubba, be careful bro:eek:
I was never in any danger but the truck sure was!! My problem is my driveway is on a good sized slop, the curb in front of the house is slightly sloped , and very rounded. Unless I want to block the neighbor hood and do my jack work in the middle of the road I am screwed . Jack stands would have helped but its even hard to find a place flat enough to use them safely. Ill wait till I get to granny's to install the drop kit. Lots of flat smooth concrete there. :rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back