Bye-bye SC Tundra...

devildog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was minding my own business on Saturday cruising down the Flordia Turnpike. Was in a pack of traffic running about 60 MPH. All of a sudden I notice a black, lowered Toyota Tundra V-8 with a ram-air hood scoop, and full areo package (truck looked really good...for a Toyota) weaving in and out of traffic behind me trying to catch up to me. Well, he succeeded, just about the time I got an opening and could see some clear road ahead. So I move over to the right lane, still doing about 60 and he jumps right onto my back bumper like he wants to push me. Now I figure this is just some fool with a v-8 Tundra thinking he is playing with a Hemi, so I drop it down into 5th and floor it. I put 3 trucks lenghts on him immediately, but noticed that he was hanging in there all the way up to 135 MPH when I had to back off due to on ramp traffic in my lane. Of course he blows right by me when I back off. So I clear the on ramp traffic and catch back up to him. This time we are rolling about 70 MPH, me in the hammer lane and he in the right lane. We make eye contact, I nod, he jumps on it and pulls a truck length while I am searching for 4th gear (Boomer shifter has not yet arrived..). Well, I found 4th, put the pedal to the metal, and it was bye-bye Tundra. Immediately blew pass him and put at least 8 truck lengths before hitting 5th and 10 lengths before backing off as I was coming up to my exit. He pulls up along side me again, rolls down his window, gives me a thumbs up, and asks what kinda Hemi I got since he has never been beat by a Dodge before with his supercharged Tundra! I told him it was a V-10 Viper. He just rolled his eyes, waved bye and I got off at my exit!

I love when people think the truck is a hemi and they get thrashed... good Kill...

How can these dummies not realize its a fricken 10? Good story. I too had a import try to get to me on Sat. I had a stoplight, it goes green and I gave it some gas not even full throttle but enough to open the exhaust up. I let off at 60 and then notice a fast and furious subaru racing through traffic behind me trying to catch me. He did at the next light but I was turning.

It was funny watching him trying to catch up!

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back