C5 and TBSS

KyleB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was on my way to race a TBSS from a dig when going down the interstate he decides he wants to try it from a 50 roll, as we are lining up a c5 vette pulls right along side us and takes the hit. I was able to grab 2nd and leave both of them by a several car lengths!

My first actual race in the dodge and I killed 2 Chevy's at once!

I diddent even know they made sutch a thing. Tell him to go home & weld 2 engines togeather. If & when he gets it to run come back and see you. Then maybe it will be a race!

There not too bad, in stock form they run some 13s

I was a bit worried on the dig race we did, those trucks being AWD, and him getting the hit. I was able to run him down before I got out of 2nd and was still spinning. Guess I overloaded the pedal when he shot out with no tire spin.

Congrats on the two kills homie !!!

The driver in the tbss should have known not to race you on the roll ( smoked one myself last month on a 20 roll ) the corvette though.................priceless !!! :rock:

Yeah no dyno tune yet... Prob gonna stick with this mail order Torrie tune until I do some more mods:

I think that is best. I like John a lot.. He is a good guy and I knew him when he had his silver RC. But Torrie is the viper tuner...

I need to get to Jacksonville to let him get his hands on this truck or I will be doing a remote tune soon.

I think that is best. I like John a lot.. He is a good guy and I knew him when he had his silver RC. But Torrie is the viper tuner...

I need to get to Jacksonville to let him get his hands on this truck or I will be doing a remote tune soon.

Congrats on the kills! TBSS are no joke! Some aren't AWD though and they seem to be faster, albeit not on the launch, but overall. Likely why SRT Cherokee guys eventually ditch AWD for rear only.
I love kill stories, GoPro or not. Lol

haven't seen a SS lately but had a VotecMAX try to pull me from about 50 on the interstate before i took her apart, good looking truck, blacked out/lowered, but not even close to Zilla a mile later:burnout:

So you decided to build it? Lol I remember you were trying to be the last to squeeze all the power from the M90.

I was going to try and break 500 with the m90 since it had never been done, I got a little over 480 but once my TVS showed up, I no longer cared to try and break it lol

The TVS however, decided it was going to do its own breaking lol...
I snapped a rod, which then shot a piston out the side of the block. I never even got to drive it with the TVS, it blew up on the dyno right after the install.

Put it all back together with some manley rods and CP pistons, turns out I had a piece of trash from my old motor lodged in the intercooler even after being pressure washed. It came loose with some boost and ate up some pistons. So here I am, ALMOST back together again. Supposed to be done before the hot rod power tour which is a little over 2 weeks away. We will see...

I diddent even know they made sutch a thing. Tell him to go home & weld 2 engines togeather. If & when he gets it to run come back and see you. Then maybe it will be a race!
it's a 6.0. they respond VERY well to mods like any LS based engine. They can go faster for much cheaper.

I wanted A TBSS, but I figured the 10 would tow my mustang better and be more fun :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back