CAI

They say stock with the cone drop in but i dont like the stock look . I would say volant thats what im gonna get

Right now I have the stock box with a drop in K&N . It just looks so damn plain.

I have the venom hood so my scoop is biger then the stock hood. Wonder if it will still work.

Be carful with the Volant if you think you may ever get caught in the rain....

Myth busted, has no effect whether in rain, sleet snow or hail,lol. The intake tract is not completely sealed to the filter or box. Makes a nice look under the hood and has the "Whoomp- Whooomp" effect everyone talks about. I have been trying to get dyno comparisons to a few CAI and see what's what, but haven't had the chance as of yet.

With all stock motor and just the K&N CAI I put down 403/436. I have a QC, so don't know what completely bone stock QC's are putting down, but if anyone knows and can compare my numbers to a bone stock one, that might help.

-Jason

With all stock motor and just the K&N CAI I put down 403/436. I have a QC, so don't know what completely bone stock QC's are putting down, but if anyone knows and can compare my numbers to a bone stock one, that might help.

-Jason

Different dynos, temperatures, humidity change numbers around a lil. Mine, bone stock, on a 100* day put down 423/440 so you sound right. After dual exhaust, tune, intake, and a few other mods I am at 428/490. HP went nowhere! But it's the torque that counts getting our 5600 lb beasts off the line.:burnout:

Different dynos, temperatures, humidity change numbers around a lil. Mine, bone stock, on a 100* day put down 423/440 so you sound right. After dual exhaust, tune, intake, and a few other mods I am at 428/490. HP went nowhere! But it's the torque that counts getting our 5600 lb beasts off the line.:burnout:

How much drivetrain loss did you eliminate when you threw in the 6spd?

Man I wouldn't get the volant if I was you because the scoop will cover up your intake, I would go with the JMB and just get it powdercoated to match you valve covers or intake

JMB all the way if your going for looks.
The Volant covers up alot of the motor. Whats the point of getting it to look good, then cover it up with a cheap piece of plastic. :dontknow:

12842d1176860124-volant-cold-air-intake-04-06-dodge-ram-srt-10-8-3-v10-16083install.jpeg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back