Cal Tracs and lowering

76574srt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please excuse my ignorance in advance of my question. I would like to level out my truck by lowering the back end. I have looked at the site for the cal tracs and am wondering if the cal tracs for a lowered truck will actually lower the trucks sans blocks or shackles? It looks to me like the front bracket for the cal tracs actually replaces the front shackle. Is this correct? What do you folks recommend to level the truck?

S

PM Stinker, or Justin at JMB..They can get you what you need and answer whatever questions you have..

bwwwahhahaha thanks guys:rock:

the caltracs dont lower the vehicle at all , they just provide traction for the rear axle by keepin it from rotating.

I have lowering shackles comming in soon , they are $65, and I think the caltracs are $339
both are plus shipping
the caltracs will ship direct for me from the manufacturer and I asked about shippin , they use UPS and he said the most it should be to the east coast is $30
the shackles I get and to ship them is usually about 10 bucks.

the shackles will lower the rear of the truck approximatly 1.5 inches, and are easy to install:rock:

I tthink Wyoming srt, and a couple others , have pics bo

I actually am back out on the road tonight and want be home for 2 weeks, but can still run the biz:D

I take either paypal, check , money order. not set up on the card deal yet.

but you can pm me , which is the best, so I can keep track of it:D

but you can call also 704-214-7849:D

Oh and I'm assumin you gots a QC:p

but have to run , will check pms in the morn:rock:

thanks everyone

I have been running Caltracs from Calvert for years. I love them, noisy going over bumps, but they work great and many copy the design.

But for less than $1500 the 3/4 link coil over suspension can not be beat. Drives nice on the street, cracks the windshield when you hook, and always goes straight.

Attachments

• rear2.jpg
    rear2.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 2,539
I just installed the caltracs on my lowered truck. Front caltrac piece just bolts to where the spring to located. I have a rc so mine probably is different. It did not lower the truck at all. That was done with a lowering kit. Install is very straightforward............just takes a few hours of laying on your back/side in the driveway.......................which in my case, made me sore for two days!! LOL

patrick

Patrick, your back is sore , cause u r used to laying on the sand looking at all the babes.:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch:

msdnga said:
I have been running Caltracs from Calvert for years. I love them, noisy going over bumps, but they work great and many copy the design.

But for less than $1500 the 3/4 link coil over suspension can not be beat. Drives nice on the street, cracks the windshield when you hook, and always goes straight.

That 4 link with the coil overs looks pretty freakin sweet. How long will the truck be down for the install.

mauiSRT/10 said:
I just installed the caltracs on my lowered truck. Front caltrac piece just bolts to where the spring to located. I have a rc so mine probably is different. It did not lower the truck at all. That was done with a lowering kit. Install is very straightforward............just takes a few hours of laying on your back/side in the driveway.......................which in my case, made me sore for two days!! LOL

patrick
Great picture Patrick!

It took one day of welding, thats all!

LitemUp said:
That 4 link with the coil overs looks pretty freakin sweet. How long will the truck be down for the install.

That pic is not of a 4 link set up it is ladder bars.

Correct, it is a 3 link ladder bar coil over.

msdnga said:

Interesting set up...how well does it corner compaired to stock? So no rear sway bar is needed?

It's a kit we have been using for years here. It drove so well and handled equally to the stock suspension. That truck has close to 1000 ft lbs and when you hammer it, it doesn't jump side to side or bounce the springs, just hazes the tires and pulls straight. My truck is at 550 rear wheel with leafs and wheel hops horribly. So this is my next mod. The 4 link is a little too much for me as a daily driver so the ladder bar setup is what I recommend. I do not think I would recommend it for SCCA or Autocross though. This on uses the 10 way adjustable Strange coil overs. So you can set it up for different tracks.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back