Caliper/brake hose issue?

SlvrSnake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About a year and a half ago my pass side front caliper locked up tighter than a bulls ass and cooked the rotor. As a result I had the dealer (under warranty) replace both calipers and I supplied new rotors and pads.

It now has a slight pull to the left, usually. Anyway, that same side, pass front, now with a new caliper doesn't do crap for braking to the point that the paint on the caliper is still nice and shiny whereas the driver's side is all chalked up from heat. Also the driver's side gets noticeably hotter and now there is a noticeable grove in the backside of the rotor. Long story short it seems the driver's side is working correctly and the passenger side not so much.

I took off the pass side caliper, cleaned it, and greased the pins, still the same, pulls left. Since this side locked up previously with the old caliper and now the new one barely works, I am leaning towards the flex brake hose, not the caliper. Plus the caliper is not even two years old. It does not stick closed just not doing it's job when braking, meaning clamping down on the rotor.

Thoughts???

I ordered brake lines for it but just looking for some input. Seems easier to replace brake lines before ripping apart the caliper to rebuild it. I still have a warranty but get infuriated dropping the f'n truck off for work.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back