Calling Mostly All Built Motor Guys

Tooloe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok fellas heres what i got..... i've been running a little bit of race gas everynow and then... and now it sounds like i've got a Foul'd pulg... and i know that comes with runnning race gas..how often do i need to change the plugs out.....also it only runs bad for like a whole second and it's all perfectly normal again......also another thing... i did a nice long burn out the other day...and my oil pressure droped to 0... i shut the truck off checked for any leaks and all that good stuff.... started the truck back up and it was perfectly fine....do you think i drained the pick up tube? an how much oil should a built motor burn in an oil change.. with no really light driving just giviing it hell all of the time? thanks in advance

Tooloe said:
ok fellas heres what i got..... i've been running a little bit of race gas everynow and then... and now it sounds like i've got a Foul'd pulg... and i know that comes with runnning race gas..how often do i need to change the plugs out.....also it only runs bad for like a whole second and it's all perfectly normal again......also another thing... i did a nice long burn out the other day...and my oil pressure droped to 0... i shut the truck off checked for any leaks and all that good stuff.... started the truck back up and it was perfectly fine....do you think i drained the pick up tube? an how much oil should a built motor burn in an oil change.. with no really light driving just giviing it hell all of the time? thanks in advance

i change my oil b4 i go to the track... all the time,.. wat type of gas are you running ?

VIPER said:
i use 94/110 mix, and i never had a problem, 1/2 of 94 1/2 of 110

hmm i dunno but i'm also spraying n20 so i could have fouled it out that way ..... hmmmmm guess i'l have to go digging a little bit

Tooloe said:
hmm i dunno but i'm also spraying n20 so i could have fouled it out that way ..... hmmmmm guess i'l have to go digging a little bit

is ur truck tuned to run the N20, ??? i think mine is -4 deg's

yes it's tuned im also tuned -4º it has to be a plug... i'm pretty sure

I would pull the plugs and check them out,cheap insurance and you definatly don't want to be detonating or you will be rebuilding sooner then you want,if you don't find anything it could be a wire maybe?

I just think that if you pull the plugs, you should replace them...keep the old ones and be sure you mark the numbers...just insurance and a good reference for future use.

Prof said:
I just think that if you pull the plugs, you should replace them...keep the old ones and be sure you mark the numbers...just insurance and a good reference for future use.

yeah i'm pretty sure i need to get some new ones in there... if i'm going to pull them i'm going to replace them lol might as well haha

i use only race gas ms109 and never had problems, how often do you hit the giggle gas? if you do it often you plug gap off from the heat and possible other problems with the plug.

I change my plugs at 10,000 miles per Stinker's advice for being FI......back in the day before unleaded gas plugs were changed every 8-15,000 miles........watch your O2 sensors too..lead will eventially kill them....how soon varies widely...freind of mine with a C6 Corvette put 110 in it and his sensors were gone within 10 miles....some get by 20,000 miles+.......

Far as oil use you should go at least 1,000 miles before being a qt low......my motor was built with racing rings and just now seem to be seating after 12,000 miles......I was using a qt every 400-600 miles.......since the last oil change I have added 2 qts....1st at 700 miles, 2nd at 1000 miles....have gone 300 miles now and the oil level has not moved from the full mark.

You oil should not have dropped to zero...not good..

just checked all my plugs... the pass side looks fine...an little dirty i will post a picture here after while i'm going to try to dump some 93octane into the tank and let it sit an mix a little to see if she'll clear up

heres the pictures

S6300849.jpg

S6300848.jpg

S6300850.jpg

What do you guys think?

i think the gap look WAY to big, what is it set at??
and just get you some regular copper plugs

They are set at. .45. Ill double check them but I know I gaped them correctly

Tooloe said:
They are set at. .45. Ill double check them but I know I gaped them correctly

Photos can make things look larger or smaller...they look wide but may be OK...........you are going to put new plugs in though??;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back