cam gear contact

BAILEY1575

Reaction score
So when we built our motor and installed it we ddint know about
the cam shaft sensor depth and we started or should i say cranked
it over and it damaged sensor we got a new one and set it right it did
however burr up the rise on the cam gear the truck starts ok my question is should we replace it. in a previous thread i posted that under heavy accell
we are getting spark nock (sounds like a can of marbels)we have since sent
it out (as we are a chevy shop) to the areas recommended dodge tech
and he replaced nock sensors map sensor and still no luck :(. the ecm is new and factory the engine builder seems to think we streched chain when we hit
the cam sensor (i find it hard to belive but??????) its a long way to go for a maybe. any one got any IDEAS and does anyone know if spark nock can be tuned out by aftermarket programing thanks guys.

So when we built our motor and installed it we ddint know about
the cam shaft sensor depth and we started or should i say cranked
it over and it damaged sensor we got a new one and set it right it did
however burr up the rise on the cam gear the truck starts ok my question is should we replace it. in a previous thread i posted that under heavy accell
we are getting spark nock (sounds like a can of marbels)we have since sent
it out (as we are a chevy shop) to the areas recommended dodge tech
and he replaced nock sensors map sensor and still no luck :(. the ecm is new and factory the engine builder seems to think we streched chain when we hit
the cam sensor (i find it hard to belive but??????) its a long way to go for a maybe. any one got any IDEAS and does anyone know if spark nock can be tuned out by aftermarket programing thanks guys.

Yes you can get an SCT Tuner from Unleashed Performance ( Torrie McPhail) and he can retard the timing and go from there. He can email tunes back and forth till it's right where you need it. :D
Thing is I believe there is more to it than this. Seems something may be off in the camshaft installation or timing of crank to cam.:dontknow: Tooth off can certainly do this. Stretched chain from knocking the plastic cam sensor with magnet inside, I doubt. Ask me how I know ;) Lmfao:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back