camshaft bolt broke

ndn01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
these is what happen, i bought my 06' srt10 qc in April 06',brand new, no mods yet. On Jan 15 07', my wife and i went out for the evening,had a good time, and decided to go home early so when we left the club, the road we were on was being repaved and that left the sewer access/manhole enterance higher than normal because of the removal of asphalt around the cover. we stop at the light just before the on ramp that we needed to enter,and accelerated when the light went green, up to 35mph and we hit the the sewer access with left front tire,it gave us a small jolt,and then we heard a short grinding noise and the truck shut off. we rolled to a stop on the on ramp , i put the truck in park and tried to start it but it would just turn but not start,like the timing chain broke or bad coils, anyway to make it shorter ,dealership said camshaft bolt is broken or snapped off. these happen at 6565mi. they pulled the motor and shipped to Viper headquarters for repair.about 45 days later i got the truck back. has anyone else experience anything like these?:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back