can't go wrong

wakeboard13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local dealer has 2 srt QC's for sale, one an 06 for $40K and the other is an 05 for $35K, i was wondering what you guys thought about the two and whether or not they are good deals and which would be the better buy. Both are in my price range but who doesnt like to save some cash, however is it worth 5 grand to get a newer model. Thanks in advance for any input and hopefully i will be a proud owner of one of these bad boys soon.

Drive both, then take the one with the tonneau

Look closely the exterior design of the 06 has some changes...do you like them enough to pay $5k more? Is resale important? How about color...(Black is fastest).

If expense is an issue, you are looking at the wrong truck...hope you decide to jump into one or the other, then have a ball!

Welcome!

How many miles? Or are both brand new? Does either one have a sunroof?

2006 has heated seats, redesigned interior & front end with headlight flares, 5 passenger (as opposed to 6), and radio plays mp3s.

2005 has the old design that some prefer and seats 6 with the fold-down front center console.

Brand new QCs are reportedly still selling in the low $30k range. Check http://autotrader.com. If you are looking for a particular price or specialty edition/color ("Yellow Fever" Yellow has about 300 made, "Night Runner" Black has even fewer) then http://autotrader.com is the best place to find them.

Good Luck!

thanks for all the info both are new with less than 20 miles. what do you think the resell differnce will be between them in 4 or 5 years?

I like the 05's better, but if the options were right I would get the 06. Heated seats and doesn't the 06's have a power sliding rear window? Plus the DVD nav is a much better unit. So I guess for me it would come down to options. What are the options on each? Actually the more I think about it the 06 would be what I would get if the price is fairly close. All the small things start to add up. A 34 gallon tank sure would be nice.

Heated seats!? What kind of sissyfied mobile is that?!! And why would you want that in Florida!! ;)

ntw0rk said:
Heated seats!? What kind of sissyfied mobile is that?!! And why would you want that in Florida!! ;)
Just ask Wizzy about heated seats and 06 features. He has one. He keeps his tight little ass warm in those seats. Besides it keeps the leather from cracking and breaking in those frozen northern temperatures.

Wooooo Woooooo :D :D :D

I accidentally turned mine on in my '06 quad cab hemi. I couldnt figure out why my butt was getting hot til I saw it was set at max heat. I'm anxious to see how she tows my SRT Ram tomorrow to the new Hastings, NE roadcourse :)

Thanks for all the help boys, I ended up with the 05 and I still cant believe its mine. I appreciate all the input you guys gave me, now i guess its time to hit up the mod forums!

ntw0rk said:

Your avi pik rules......How 'bout a larger version for the fans?

SD

wakeboard13 said:
Thanks for all the help boys, I ended up with the 05 and I still cant believe its mine. I appreciate all the input you guys gave me, now i guess its time to hit up the mod forums!

Congrats on the purchase!!! :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: What color is it? BLACK, I hope! :p

wakeboard13 said:

Congratulations.:rock: Now post some pictures. We love pics here.:D :p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back