Car Stereo Questions....

Blakewilder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok audiophiles:
Im planning a system for my truck and heres what I have so far. Any criticizms or ideas would be welcome.

I have the factory Nav Unit so I want to run a JL Audio convertor so I can keep the factory setup.

Subs: Jl Audio Stealthbox 10x3 in back seat under storage area
Jl Stealthbox in Front seat replacing the factory storage area 13.5"w3

Can I run a JL audio 1000x1 running both of these subs? they are Dual Voice Coil speakers so 4-4ohm loads in series would make the amp see 2 ohms correct?

JL Audio Evolution series 6 1/2 " round Coaxial in doors and 6x9 in rear doors Coaxial with a JL Audio 4x100 Amp pushing these.

I dont now if I would need it or not but I could throw in a 5 farad capacitor for good measure.

Any ideas on this setup?

what are the subs rated at? and is the amp capabial of a 2ohm load? am i seeing 3 sub or is that 4 with the one in the factory storage area?

Blake, You're supposed to be deleating weight not adding it...............

Transistor radio hanging by a cord from the rear view mirror is all you really need.................;) ...;) ...;)

well....the rear metal fold out deal comes out and the center seat comes out so im adding the speakers but removing the other weight so......ahhh who am I foolin...your right.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back