Carbon Fiber Hood, info or offers

the hood , the molds, and the design are protected, at the moment yes I would mind , sorry, but it is linked with jtsvp, it has finally took a turnaround, so at this moment I would have to say no sir,

if you have any questions you are more than welcome to call

We Canadian's like to ask first :)

And as for you're question Brad, I might replicate them. I'm still out ta lunch on the small visual changes, if any, that I'll make. the biggest thing is a tonneau cover. and I wanted to make Belinda into a kind of Dodge Ram ACR. Black with a 5 inch orange or red stripe up the driver side bracketed with two gunmetal grey stripes on either side. We'll see.

I hope you don't mind.

the hood , the molds, and the design are protected, at the moment yes I would mind , sorry, but it is linked with jtsvp, it has finally took a turnaround, so at this moment I would have to say no sir,

if you have any questions you are more than welcome to call

Is there any plans for a CF hood in the future?

I know you are new and do not know the history of these hoods, and what I have been thru with them,
but ask some of the old timers and I am sure you will get some answers.

but this hood has cost me more than it will ever return, I could sell a couple thousand and still not ever break even.

So to say I am protective of its design is an understatement, every curve, profile, vent, dimension has been protected and trademarked by JTSVP

I would probably use every last dollar and sell most everything I had just to protect this first product we ever really started.

I hold it now to certain standards, its produced now by the same folks that produce fiberglass parts for year one, I have one person that touches the hoods from start to finish, no one else is allowed to work on the hoods.
I venture over there at least once a month to double check on the hoods and molds, to make sure things stay to a certain standard, which is well above any ebay hood or most hoods out there today, they are low production and very well put together.

And keeping with that certain quality control I contacted numerous carbon companies, the one I did finally decide on was was Crawford composites in denver nc, they are the builders of most of the carbon for the british supercar the noble, there starting price was about $5000 a hood, and it would have been done correctly, without having to worry about weave intersecting and weakness that is common with carbon hoods.

I have sense come upon another carbon composite person that is actually building the aero race planes in carbon for red bull racing. I have thought about contacting him on doing them in carbon, but I do hold a certain standard on the hoods, with all the aggrivation that I went thru in the past it will stay held to a certain standard.
And if ever done in carbon I can almost guarantee they would never be below $1000
so sir, one I would never let it be copied,or allow any cheap knock offs to be produced, the molds, design are property of jtsvp,

and as I said, if you would like one in carbon I can check on it, it would have to all be prepaid, and as said , you are more then welcome to call.

and please ,dont take my post as being rude, there is jsut a ton of history that very few nowadays know on these hoods, alot of pain, lost friends, time,crooked people, aggrivation, not to mention the dollar aspect.

and please ,dont take my post as being rude, there is jsut a ton of history that very few nowadays know on these hoods, alot of pain, lost friends, time,crooked people, aggrivation, not to mention the dollar aspect.

I understand. Thanks for not giving an emphatic "NO!" . And you weren't being rude, it was a hell of a journey for you to get to the finish of that hood, I can relate. But I want you to take this as what it is. a compliment that "YOU'RE HOOD IS AMAZING!" I was thinking very hard of getting the Fiber Glass variant but thought to myself it there is a CF hood out there that looks that great. and to no avail.

As well, I'd love to hear the history. If not from you, then from another member (hopefully an un-bias one)

I saved up some money and went to go and buy one of your hoods, and you don't ship to canada anymore :-(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back