carbon fiber hood????????

ramviper10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has anyone installed a carbon fiber hood on the trucks yet
would there be an issue with them because of the heat the engine gives ???????and adittional info would help...

ramviper10 said:
has anyone installed a carbon fiber hood on the trucks yet
would there be an issue with them because of the heat the engine gives ???????and adittional info would help...

there have been some of us that looked into them....the quality was the problem....at the time....

I really do not know on the heat factor as I never checked under hood temps on our trucks . What I have heard is the rice guys having lots of woes with warpage and most of them are running turbos or some type of FA ,but most of these cars have 0 room under a closed hood ,where as our trucks have enough room to get three more occupants under the hood and close it . So if one was made and was quality I do not see a problem but from what Nowwhat is saying guess there aint no quality ones
Have A Kind Day
Mike

cuz i done some searching n basicly the only one i found was the visracing CFhood i like the way it looked and also the CF grill insert not the billet but the outer pce

ramviper10 said:
cuz i done some searching n basicly the only one i found was the visracing CFhood i like the way it looked and also the CF grill insert not the billet but the outer pce

Link please?:D

The original Vipers had Carbon Fiber hoods.

Now for a word of caution. There are many types of Carbon Fiber materials out there. They range from room temp cure to 400+ degree cure. For working with room temp cure material all you need is the LM (Layup Mandrel) and a vacuum pump. For elevated cure material you need an autoclave also. Very expensive when you get into larger parts. Needless to say the room temp cure parts are the cheapest and least stable when exposed to heat.

Good quality Carbon Fiber is expensive. I have 2 motorcycles that are loaded with it, and I have seen the difference between the cheap stuff, and the good stuff.

Bill.

Vis is the one I contacted....I asked to come see the product in person....they said no..............

I would be more thn happy to wrap anyones hood in carbon...unfortunately it will not reduce any weight, just add to the bling...

i wrap at least one roof per week and the end results are amazing

If it truely is a Vis hood... it is one of the better ones. :) I have had several CF hoods on various cars (ricers).... VIS is the best company I have dealt with.

i ahve heard the same thing im guessing they are i went to there site but there's no prices and i still haven't gottin a reply

zen garage said:
I would be more thn happy to wrap anyones hood in carbon...unfortunately it will not reduce any weight, just add to the bling...

any pics of it cuz i got a couple of ideas im thinkin about

zen garage said:

how much $ for it?

I have been thinking about the Vis cowl hood for my vette. If i end up getting one i will be sure to post pics of the quality. Only problem is its hood pins. Maybe not so bad for a vette but trying to lift of a hood on a dodge ram may be a chor at the track.

price varies depending on the job....carbon has gotten very expensive in the past year or so and is getting more difficult to acquire. I also use a high count weave which yields the best results...

here is a car I just finished, carbon roof, color change,shaved handles,powdercoated wheels, turbo and front mount

Attachments

• g352 (Small).jpg
    g352 (Small).jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 31
  • g35 (Small).jpg
    g35 (Small).jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 31
  • g351 (Small).jpg
    g351 (Small).jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 44

Latest posts

Support Us