carbon fiber hood????????

Whats the deal with carbon fiber? why is it getting harder to make ? I read that somewhere else to. I mean i understand about the price jacking since its so popular and everyone wants to make a buck. But the material is harder to find ?

i have been doin alot of searching on this product and i sent various emails to deffrent company's on group buys and quility on the CF hood i will keep you guys informed on any information i can come up with....

LOLOl no way bro!! I brake tooo much shit!!:D

but I did get off the phone with turbofreak and he said he has talked with this guy and said the guy would possibly sell the carbon hood for $1000 and maybe less iwth a group buy so ya'll may want to contact him on this hood

ramviper10 said:
has anyone installed a carbon fiber hood on the trucks yet
would there be an issue with them because of the heat the engine gives ???????and adittional info would help...

Just out of curiousity, are you looking for an appearance change or weight reduction? :dontknow:

I can't imagine much advantage to the weight difference on a 5000 + lb. truck.

every lb we can shave adds up. spare tire 70 lbs, tailgait 50 lbs. cf hood is probably 30-40 lbs. if we gutted the interior we'd lose about 3-400 lbs. add it up and its almost a 5th weight reduction :D every 100 lbs is about a tenth in the 1/4

Stanimal said:
every lb we can shave adds up. spare tire 70 lbs, tailgait 50 lbs. cf hood is probably 30-40 lbs. if we gutted the interior we'd lose about 3-400 lbs. add it up and its almost a 5th weight reduction :D every 100 lbs is about a tenth in the 1/4

How's this?;) :D

im goin for both looks n wieght im not ganna let my friends turbo gsr integra beat me i need better tired also thou.
but im mainly doin it for the looks got some idea's im thinkin of

I have a guy that is selling them right now for $1000 but he said he might go lower in a group buy. They are VIS cf hoods. Here is a pic:
CarbonFiberHood.jpg

To get real weight reduction on these trucks you would need an all carbon fibre cab, and that would be expensive.

Bill.

ramviper10 said:
im goin for both looks n wieght im not ganna let my friends turbo gsr integra beat me i need better tired also thou.
but im mainly doin it for the looks got some idea's im thinkin of

i have a integra that runs hi 13's all motor and still gets 30 mpg :D if your buddy's car is done right it should run 11's with no problems on drag radials. not impossible but you'll need boost as well

Like Stanimal said, hood weight, wheels , spare, tailgate, passenger seat, so on little parts here and there add up to tenths here and there, pretty soon you have dropped one full half second:rock:

Stinker said:
Like Stanimal said, hood weight, wheels , spare, tailgate, passenger seat, so on little parts here and there add up to tenths here and there, pretty soon you have dropped one full half second:rock:

yep yep :rock: :rock:

Stanimal said:
i have a integra that runs hi 13's all motor and still gets 30 mpg :D if your buddy's car is done right it should run 11's with no problems on drag radials. not impossible but you'll need boost as well
he had be for about 2.5 car lengths i stay with him till he boosted 10 psi. he barly got his radials the day i raced him.the car is done rite. he might take it to the the drag strip 2 nite. well see wat it does

I know carbon fiber is the way to go but if you are going to road race or just use the truck for drag racing then glass would be a good alternative.

Glass, hood fenders and bed would save quite a bit and cost alot less than carbon fiber.

Just a thought on this subject...has anyone actually weighed the hoods on our trucks to be sure these carbon fiber ones will be lighter? I changed the hood from a factory metal one to a fiberglass one on my wife's 2003 Ford SuperCrew, and surprisingly the fiber glass one was noticably heavier...it might be a wrong assumption to think these are significantly lighter just because intuitively it seems like they ought to be...

There's a hood in that pic?
All I see are f-ing watermarks.

(Tip for companies advertising online: One watermark/logo, offset from the main image, is PLENTY. If someone's going to steal it, they're gonna steal it. If you watermark it like the above example, it makes the picture completely worthless....and makes me want to purchase from someone else; someone with an actual picture of the product.)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back