Carbon Fiber Wing

cyalata

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have incounted a carbon fiber expert and am wondering who might be interested in a carbon fiber wing for there truck i will offer him my wing to make the 1st intial mold but before i throw him alot of cash jus wanna see if there are ne interested, also if you guys have ideas on a way to make it better than stock throw them at me prices are still being figured but he did say a cheaper route would be overlapping are wings with carbon fiber so there is that option jus leave comments and were try to get this goin

change the shape so it produces actual downforce.... they are more for looks rirght now...

Floor said:
change the shape so it produces actual downforce.... they are more for looks rirght now...

only afraid a real working wing will look "ricy ".... :dontknow: or at least will draw to much attention for a street truck.I for sure would not want it on my truck, but love it on the racer....;) :D :D

porsche-911-gt3-cup-s-rear.jpg

Azmotorhead said:
Suggestion:Incorperate a 3rd brake light into the underside of the wing

Why four brake lights? In my case that'll be too much since I, like many here, have a line of fire under the tailgate..

I think someone already did the line of fire on the wing.

I'd love a line of fire on the wing, of course well molded into, not like a "Bubba in the backyard" job :)

The '04 wing flexes too much in the middle at speed...needs to be stiffer.

That's what I have been told...I of course do not drive over 37 mph.

Sounds like a good idea but, you need to be setup as a vendor to sell on this forum. I know a couple of vendors already offering some CF products.

once i get enough info and a mold i will prob setup as a vendor or offer the produce to another vendor like maybe stinker or something im not hear to make no cash im jus hear to offer ideas and maybe help out a lil, i know there are people running the wing on the bed cover and and the bed post so i have to kinda use my judgement hear and fig out a way they can bothe use the sme wing i guess by taking out the center brace on the wing for the bed cover trucks would give me the same wing as the bed post trucks i will try to do some photo work today and give a pic of what it should look like wit a brake light and witout

Diamond head said:
Sounds like a good idea but, you need to be setup as a vendor to sell on this forum. I know a couple of vendors already offering some CF products.

Prof said:
The '04 wing flexes too much in the middle at speed...needs to be stiffer.

That's what I have been told...I of course do not drive over 37 mph.

I think that flex occurs around 38.6 mph. so you're alright Roy.

Well I have a big safety margin then!

I would probably panic if I saw the wing flexing under the pressure of excessive speed.

Seriously...some wing research is an interesting topic! But I think we need some of the engineers here to chime in...to get some technical perspective.

I, on the other hand, drive way faster than 37 mph. So if I were to order a carbon wing I would want it to be late '05 - '06 style (with center pilar).

Venom Power said:
I, on the other hand, drive way faster than 37 mph. So if I were to order a carbon wing I would want it to be late '05 - '06 style (with center pilar).

I was goin to say mine dont seem to flex at all with the center post thats why im trying to fig this wing out to make one mold that would work on all trucks with or without a bed cover

Floor said:
I thought I had read somewhere when these trucks first came out, that the wing was functional that it reduced drag and increased down force. So I did some research (Google) and found this

"The rear wing is not only functional, providing a reduction in lift, but it also provides a reduction in drag, which is a rarity for a wing."

Here is the link http://www.allpar.com/model/ram/ram-srt-10.html
It also says that the Ram SRT-10 is not the record holder any more

belgiumbarry said:
cosmetic ....:(

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14292&highlight=wing+downforce

i will do the same test on the Porsche.... have the wing also installed on the rear hatch so i can measure downforce with a scale. ( even more accurate as been done because i have now corner weight scales to tune the racer :rock: )

so you need your test rig back???
I'll drop it of when "WE" change my lowering kit allright?:dontknow: :p
PS: the nightmare hasn't ended with you know what... details will follow with a dozen duvels ok?

Venom Power said:

a stiffer wing would be great.
from about 80 on up & dependin on the wind, it does flap quiet a bit. been tryin to get a center pillar made up. be no prob on mine since i have a flush mount bed cover.

:rock: :rock: :rock:

05dodgesrt10 said:
i have incounted a carbon fiber expert and am wondering who might be interested in a carbon fiber wing for there truck i will offer him my wing to make the 1st intial mold but before i throw him alot of cash jus wanna see if there are ne interested, also if you guys have ideas on a way to make it better than stock throw them at me prices are still being figured but he did say a cheaper route would be overlapping are wings with carbon fiber so there is that option jus leave comments and were try to get this goin

Sounds like a great idea. What about the wing that goes on the tonaeu cover? It is different than the wing without the cover on the bed. I think that would be a good seller for those who opted for after market covers and could not attach the factory wing. It could be bolted on to an aftermarket cover, no problem. For some reason that wing is not sold separately, to the best of my knowledge.

See pics of wing on cover:
Wing1.jpg

Wing2.jpg

Wing3.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back