Carmax.... SO SAD

00SVTStrike

Reaction score
WOW!... Im pretty sure I have NEVER had such a shit offer given as I had by Carmax today! I had never been to one... and just saw a nice SRT8 so figured Id check it out... while there they said "hey would you like to get pricing on your truck since the offer goes for all vehicles on the lot"... sure....

They wanted to give me not 20, not 19, not 18, not 17, not 16, not 15, not 14, but $13,000 for my MINT 04 RC Cab with 60k miles.... I seriously BURST into laughter... and said show me ONE of these trucks listed anyyyyyyyyyyy where near a price that low.... I didnt really care since I really wasnt looking to trade it there, but wow... kick in the nuts!!! I told the lady to kindly tell the 'appraisal expert to "get his head out of his ASS!" I had other dealers offer 18,500 and really wanted me to trade it... so thats pretty bad... Just had to vent... I will never walk into a Carmax again... Period.

lol they gave me that for my 05 hemi

Thats what I thought at first I was like "Oh they must have entered in a RC Ram non SRT10" Nope... showed me the appraisal form "Ram SRT10' V10 6spd 500hp etc etc.... Im beside myself... I understand generally you get taken on trades to some degree.... but my god!

Bothers me more than the money, that these trucks are dropping so hard. When do you guys think they will turn the corner and start swinging back up, or at least HOLD? I cant imagine them dropping drastically beyond where they are... If so you can buy one and part it out and make money.... I mean come on....

well car max will sometimes not give very good prices to buy your cars/trucks.

like a guy there told me in a shrude way quote " our offer is our offer" " we don't need to buy anything from anybody"

kinda felt a little out of line to be so rude, it ain't like he is the one shelling out the money from his own pocket.

when I bought my truck almost 3 years ago the value KBB was like 25xxx now it's not that much lower on the site.

its crazy cause these truck are not the normal run of the mill trucks which can be found everywhere ya know.

and gas going back up again will not help.

well car max will sometimes not give very good prices to buy your cars/trucks.

like a guy there told me in a shrude way quote " our offer is our offer" " we don't need to buy anything from anybody"

kinda felt a little out of line to be so rude, it ain't like he is the one shelling out the money from his own pocket.

when I bought my truck almost 3 years ago the value KBB was like 25xxx now it's not that much lower on the site.

its crazy cause these truck are not the normal run of the mill trucks which can be found everywhere ya know.

and gas going back up again will not help.

LOL yeah i hear ya.... My wife was looking at a $36k Tahoe so they should have been at least trying to persuade me hahahaha. FAIL

LOL yeah i hear ya.... My wife was looking at a $36k Tahoe so they should have been at least trying to persuade me hahahaha. FAIL

dude telling you, they don't care about that as well. they will tell you, If you don't buy it someone else will.

true story.

my girlfriend looked at a 350z there before they wanted like 21,000 for it.

I looked over it, popped the hood and the whole engine was covered in salt pit marks cause it was from VA beach. inside was kinda ragged out, few medium sized dents in it.

was not worth the money they were asking for it, but they will not budge a penny on the price.

doing research before you go to carmax is good... sometimes their pricing is out of line... but i've bought two cars from them, and would again... both of which were never above what i could sell them for outright through the life of the loan, for at least payoff.

i've had good experiences with the purchases, and would buy from them again... selling to them... yeah... i wouldn't do that unless i just needed an out, and quickly...

and their service dept (actual work, not write-up/customer service people) sucks monkey balls... i wouldn't go back... at least not to my local carmax for that...

my experiences were good from a purchase standpoint... and i don't fault them on their practices... they clearly say "no haggle"... and i'm ok with it...

Is the title clean? Age, 6 to 7 yrs, vice mileage is good, e.g. an '04 with 60K -- at or just below average per year (10 to 12K). I'll bet they low balled it due to "market conditions" and their overhead to process and resell. They probably would have shipped it out of state for auction. Back in 09 I carmaxed my old Chevy 4x4. It had around 150K on it. It was lifted, ran well, showed well (needed tires). They gave me $2500 for it. I wasn't thrilled with the offer. I had that much in a recent tranny rebuild. I took it nonetheless -- needed $$$ quick...

Yep I had green lights across the board on everything from title history to condition.... 13g lol

doing research before you go to carmax is good... sometimes their pricing is out of line... but i've bought two cars from them, and would again... both of which were never above what i could sell them for outright through the life of the loan, for at least payoff.

i've had good experiences with the purchases, and would buy from them again... selling to them... yeah... i wouldn't do that unless i just needed an out, and quickly...

and their service dept (actual work, not write-up/customer service people) sucks monkey balls... i wouldn't go back... at least not to my local carmax for that...

my experiences were good from a purchase standpoint... and i don't fault them on their practices... they clearly say "no haggle"... and i'm ok with it...

True, I bought my truck from there for a great price. year later bout 4-5 K more for the same thing.

like dan said it is hit or miss there. But my salesman was awesome.

I bought my 10 from Car-Max. Got my baby for $31.995 with 7k miles. That was $4k below KBB. My experience was great, I'd buy from them again in a heart beat!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back