Carmax.... SO SAD

I'm going to take my truck there just to see what they would give me. Just for the fun of it.

It'll be the usual... they will get cheap enough that any ol kid will buy em, run the snot out of em, bang em up and put em away wet, and then the clean un-abused ones will still pull ok money... But like I said... I mean, how cheap you can find a Full V10 Motor and Trans with Harness and Computer?... If they drop to a certain level I would expect guys to buy them and tear them down using parts for Viper motor swaps etc.. Much like the Viper Powered 68 Charger that was on ebay not long ago. (Read: Making the clean un-abused trucks even more rare, and down the road... well... Stay Tuned! LOL)

Last edited:
What did you expect, you were on a budget lot...I don't work in that industry but I would imagine they are high volume middle to low margins? I agree and hope these trucks retain a little bit of a car culture value....would not want to see them go the way of the Nissan 300zx TwinTurbos. :dontknow:

i saw a motor and trans for $4k the other day...supposedly ran...

but most prices are around 5k+ for a running motor only...

saw another m and t for 6500...

LOL... I see them much higher than that, i must not have the right backwoods junkyards.... damn this is getting depressing... I almost feel like a Lightning owner again... hahaha

Last edited:
What did you expect, you were on a budget lot...I don't work in that industry but I would imagine they are high volume middle to low margins? I agree and hope these trucks retain a little bit of a car culture value....would not want to see them go the way of the Nissan 300zx TwinTurbos. :dontknow:

I expected all that.... but I didnt expect an offer that came in well under what ROUGH trade in book is ya know?....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back