Cat Back Exhaust?

FastRam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am doing some research on future upgrades and the first on my list is a cat back system. I have narrowed it down to 2 choices -- Borla or Bassani. I did a search here and didn't come across any comments on the Bassani. I attached the link for the system I am looking at.

http://www.bassani.com/part/8300005

Anybody try this setup? Like/dislike, good performer, cabin drone? I like it as it retains the factory tail pipes and tips -- I like the OEM tip look. But, I am looking for additional feedback and experiences. Borla (or Mopar equal) is also appealing but I am not really a fan of the rectangular tip but I have read the Borla setup is a good all around performer (nice sound, no drone, easy install, etc.).

TIA for any feedback on these 2 exhausts.

Never heard of a droning problem with the Magnaflows. On the Viper forum it appears Borlas will drone with certain combinations

i just can't understand how you guys can enjoy the truck with that amount of noise.... ok, a race driver, he has a helmet on, and wants to hear revs ... concentrating on torque spots...

now for daily road use... i like to hear my radio or CD... bumpy roads... traffic... safety signals as horns.... signal turning to be sure it's shut off at the right time..... mechanical noises to alert me for check up....some nice girl shouting for a lift...

i'm serious guys... :D :D :D

all are laughing with my extra mufflers , but you don't understand how much more i enjoy now "silent" power....:rock: :rock: :rock:

I understand completely! I had real loud pipes on my El Camino once for a short time. I couldn't stand it. Had to put turbo mufflers on. Now its much nicer to drive and enjoy, and still has a good sound and performance.

sleeper said:
I understand completely! I had real loud pipes on my El Camino once for a short time. I couldn't stand it. Had to put turbo mufflers on. Now its much nicer to drive and enjoy, and still has a good sound and performance.

wise words :rock: :rock: :rock:

PS shame to them getting killed by silence in screaming attention getters :p :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dont know of anybody with a Bassani catback......hell, I didnt know they even made one!

With the cats on, my magnaflow did not drone at all in the cab. With cat delete, you absolutly hear it.

Good luck dude..........whatever you choose it will sound better than stock thats for sure.

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back