Cat back question

viperpwred

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally looking into putting an exhaust on my truck... Leaning towards magnaflows because of price and I like the sound as well... I know that the "kit" costs $6xx but no way in hell am I gonna pay that.. The muffler from the "kit" costs $90 and the piping does not cost $500 what has everyone else with magnaflows been paying for theirs so I can get an idea of a good price
Also what size are the stock pipes (06 QC if it matters) cuz I may just swap the muffler instead

You will be better off just buying the whole catback...it is SS metal with mandrial bends....would be hard to have this custom done for less than $1,xxx.....

yea the magnaflow fits perfect and even more perfect if you buy the mopar headers and catless mids!

Yea buy one from JTSVP, killer pricing.

Spend the extra money and get the Mopar catback. I had the Magnaflow, the drone in the cab at 80mph was unbearable. Not sure if it's the extra length of the QC or what, but I the drone was too much and I like loud exhaust. But, other than that, I LOVED the sound of the Magnaflow. But I'm glad I switched to the Mopar. At idle it's not as loud as the maggie, but it's a very nice over all sound. If I could have gotten rid of that drone, I would have loved to keep the magnaflow.

I like loud and I have come to like the sound of a 10 already.....still cant beat the nice rumble of a 8 though......

TNVIPER said:
You will be better off just buying the whole catback...it is SS metal with mandrial bends....would be hard to have this custom done for less than $1,xxx.....
I got quoted between $375 and $500 for a custom cat back w/ magnas

SANTEEN said:
Spend the extra money and get the Mopar catback. I had the Magnaflow, the drone in the cab at 80mph was unbearable. Not sure if it's the extra length of the QC or what, but I the drone was too much and I like loud exhaust. But, other than that, I LOVED the sound of the Magnaflow. But I'm glad I switched to the Mopar. At idle it's not as loud as the maggie, but it's a very nice over all sound. If I could have gotten rid of that drone, I would have loved to keep the magnaflow.
I had the Magnaflow on my RC and had the drone too. I loved the sound on acceleration but the drone was too much for me at cruising speeds. I must have put it on and taken it off 5 times wanting to use it but I ended up selling it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back