cat converter removal

yakdick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i'm planning on bending new mid pipes for my 04 rc to get rid of the cats... i have o2 similators that wires into the rear o2 sensors but instead of doin that can the dodge dealership reprogram the pcm to ignore the rear o2 sensors? or maybe a programmer that does that?

i took mine out and bought sensors on my 06 (I never had to install them through). I havent got an engine light in a year, and mine are just ziplocked and tied/tucked out of the way. maybe 04 are diff though.

ya i thought about getting those but for 50 bucks worth of pipe and it shouldn't take much more than a hour to do the job i thought i'd just bend them up today....i just don't want a check engine light coming on ....

well its done, sounds really weird....will have to put different mufflers on later i guess.....

yakdick said:
i'm planning on bending new mid pipes for my 04 rc to get rid of the cats... i have o2 similators that wires into the rear o2 sensors but instead of doin that can the dodge dealership reprogram the pcm to ignore the rear o2 sensors? or maybe a programmer that does that?

a dealer will not do that ,,just tie them up with o2 still plugged in ,,you could geta tuner to do it ,,but why waste the money ,,:D

Ironhead said:
a dealer will not do that ,,just tie them up with o2 still plugged in ,,you could geta tuner to do it ,,but why waste the money ,,:D

do you guys leave the sensor out in the open or wrap the sensor up to keep dirt and crap out? i wrapped mine up and the check engine light came on right away

yakdick said:
do you guys leave the sensor out in the open or wrap the sensor up to keep dirt and crap out? i wrapped mine up and the check engine light came on right away
I think it has to breath my brother.:D

turns out i put the rear o2 sensor into the front hole and hung the primary o2 sensor out to the breeze....:dontknow: :argh:
seems good now lol

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back