Catch can ? again sorry

sim333

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can People post up pics of thier 04 catch can set ups for me. I tried finding an old thread just couldnt come accoss them. Any pics of the way the lines are ran will help. Once again guys im sorry for this.

I don't have an 04 but from what I heard the lines are atthe back. Should basically be the same as my setup. Both lines connect to a tee and the line coming off the tee goes to the catch can. Depending on what type/brand catch can your using will depend how that line connects.

One thing I am doing during this build is getting 2 black moroso catch cans (some type of plastic build) and running each valve cover line to a separate catch can. I am also going to use the roe oil cap breather. If there is too much vapor I may remove the filters fromthe catch can and connect them to the air intake pipe.

Hope this helps.

here is three ideas, take them for what its worth

1.(open system) run a hose from each valve cover to a T, from the T run a hose to the catch can

2. (closed system)run a hose from each valve cover to a T, from teh T run a hose to the catch can, from the catch can back to the intake

3. from the left valve cover run a braided hose to the left side of the exhaust after the 02 sensor, same with right side

The way it is setup now is from the driver valve cover to a T which then is attached to the passenger valve cover and then to catch can. Then the catch is open by filter. Oil is still coming out of it as well. Now we tried closing the catch can and the it blew the brether cap off (oil plug) . So we put it back the way it was. Any sujustions?

What type or brand catch can? The line your hoses connect to is there an internal pipe in the catch can that goes close to the bottom of the catch can, so the vapor/oil isnt going in right at the top and spraying out.

I suggest maybe get 2 longer length catch cans and run them separately then go from there.

Not for sure the brand it was already on it when i bought the truck

Yea still losing oil through the can. The can isnt catching anything i even put the steek whool in it and nothing. I started to wonder if i need a new can. So when we went to delete the can and just ran from valve coer to valve cover it blew the breather cap off im guessing do to to much presure.:dontknow:

If there is too much pressure blowing the caps off,you have bigger issues! Sounds like a lot of blow by! You may want to go get a compression test done ASAP to determine if you have cylinder issues! JMO!
I run a duel system with a catch can from each valve cover and there is slight pressure coming out of each filter but not enough to cause pressure build up.

One thing you should get unless you have is the roe oil cap breather.

The breather cap that was on the truck looks like one from autozone. The compression test was good i posted it up on a catch can forum somewhere. But it only blew off when the catch can wasnt hooked up. the breather seems like it wouldnt be hard for pressure to push it out considering it just slides in and out to come off.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back