Catch can installed

Viper83101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was finally able to put the finishing touches on my JMB catch can today after getting all the parts needed. Besides plugging the hole in the side of the heat shield, it is complete. uploadfromtaptalk1405467773503.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405467812518.jpguploadfromtaptalk1405467845599.jpg

nice:rock::rock::rock:

how do ya have the hose from the can to the engine connected???

at the engine that is

The hose coming from the can goes from the can down to a T fitting I installed under the throttle body and then 1 hose each comes from the T fitting back to each valve cover.

sounds good:rock::rock::rock:

Are you also useing the Roe breather kit that mounts to the oil fill hole in the left valve cover? What made you decide to go with the JMB kit? Are you planing to run both breathers?

Are you also useing the Roe breather kit that mounts to the oil fill hole in the left valve cover? What made you decide to go with the JMB kit? Are you planing to run both breathers?
Yes, I also have the roe crankcase breather in the driver side valve cover. I went with the JMB cause it seemed like a good catch can and had some good reviews. I haven't driven it far enough yet to see how it does but it does look really good along with JMB intake. I def plan on using both breathers as I see no harm in doing that...if anything I would think the more ways for that stuff to get out of the crankcase the better although im no expert on that so maybe we can get some comments from those who know for sure?

Good work. Looks cool. Been thinking about the JMB unit myself.
Well I definitely went above and beyond with the stainless lines and fittings but I wanted it to look good. I think im gonna really like putting in the valve at the bottom of the heat shield to make draining it alot easier cause that was the only drawback I seen to mounting it inside of the heat shield was that there was practically no room from the bottom of the valve on the catch can down to the bottom of the heat shield. I didnt want to have to pull it out everytime I drained it. A little more money for parts and a little more time involved installing but it will be worth it and turned out looking really good IMO.

I have the JMB unit also. Was thinking of mounting it outside the heat dam to make draining EZ. For now I'm using a Mighty Vac to drain it after removing the filter. So far so good. Other than some moisture in the sight tube it's been staying empty.

That would probably still look really good mounted outside of the heat shield. Ive heard that both ways as far as the can itself...some have said it fills up extremely quickly and others have said it never gets full. I guess I will see in time with mine

thats pretty much how i have my drain.

went with a 3 or 4" brass pipe nipple & collar, drilled hole a bit bigger than the nipple. made a groument for the hole & put it all together.

just reach under the heat sheild & drain.

only thing i get out of mine is water. & thats just durin the cold months

For sure makes draining alot easier that way. I guess I will see what/if I get anything out of mine here in the next week or so.

The K&N kit it replaced had the breather hose going into the filter next to the intake tube. So much oil came out that it ran down in front of the tire. The intake was full of oil when it came off.

Well I have had my catch can on for about 200-300 miles and so far not even the slightest moisture in the can. Is that a problem then? I just finally finished up the stainless lines today but its been on for a few days.

That would probably still look really good mounted outside of the heat shield. Ive heard that both ways as far as the can itself...some have said it fills up extremely quickly and others have said it never gets full. I guess I will see in time with mine

Probably depend on how much blow by (rings) the engine has. My engine started smoking out the tail pipe when I would give her the oats. Not too long after I had #10 piston melt. I suspect the engine consumed a large amount of blow by that did not help anything.

Well after all that, its better safe than sorry with having the catch can mounted. Sucks man about your piston

Well I have had my catch can on for about 200-300 miles and so far not even the slightest moisture in the can. Is that a problem then?

Should not be a problem. Do you get any moisture/steam out the breather filter after start up? Are the valve cover connections AN fittings?

Well I have had my catch can on for about 200-300 miles and so far not even the slightest moisture in the can. Is that a problem then?

Should not be a problem. Do you get any moisture/steam out the breather filter after start up? Are the valve cover connections AN fittings?
I honestly havent looked at the filter on startup. I will have to check that out and see. No, the only AN fitting is the one at the catch can for the steel braided hose. The fittings at the valve covers are the stock fittings.

Back