Catch Can question

the booster is the big round thing on the firewall, it should only have one line or hose going from it to the intake

the chrome breather, take off , thro away

you should have one line or hose going from one valve cover , over ot the other valve cover, then to the catch can

patience skittles, patience LOLOOL

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
hey buddy:itsme: , figured he might not know exactly what a booster was, some folks isnt as edumacated like u be:D

thats cause i hit my head on one once :D

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
LOLOL me twice, didnt sink in the first time:confused: :p

i have found that when i work on a project and i get hurt ,,i get smarter each time ,,,next time i do job i dont need as many band-aids :D

I know what it is lol and have everything hooked up good. Thank you guys
Why do some people have the breather for the oil cap? Or is it just for looks?

i have my breather because that was my first step in tryin to keep the oil vapors out of the intake.

the oil in the intake can be fairly heavy on our engines. possiblily causein deonation & damage

:rock: :rock: :bandit: :rock: :rock:

So the catch can keeps the oil out of the intake? How is the oil getting into the intake from the valve covers?

Sorry for all the questions but these things sure aren't like my big block chevy.

Mighty1 said:
So the catch can keeps the oil out of the intake? How is the oil getting into the intake from the valve covers?

Sorry for all the questions but these things sure aren't like my big block chevy.

its the crankcase ventilation system. with it all hooked up stock, it sucks the oil vapors into the intake to get burned. usually just puddles in the intake & builds up on the intake valve stem.

:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

with simms, more than likely the baffles have been taken out of his valve covers also due to the rocker arms, this will let oil splash up an out the ventilation, the can will jsut keep that from entering into the intake and back thru the valvetrain

So the air goes from the valve covers to the catch can and then back to the intake with the oil remaining in the catch can?

Mighty1 said:
So the air goes from the valve covers to the catch can and then back to the intake with the oil remaining in the catch can?

should go from valve covers to the catch can to the atmosphere.

keepin any possibility of oil out of the intake:rock:

So then nothing is pulling the air out of the crankcase like a PCV system would do? Why can't we just put breathers in the valve covers then?

Mighty1 said:
So then nothing is pulling the air out of the crankcase like a PCV system would do? Why can't we just put breathers in the valve covers then?
many people ahve different views on hwo a catch can should work, to my view its sorta like yours, but my view is there should be a vaccum, that keeps a neg pressure on the pistons and a better seal, so to me it should be a closed system, you run from cover to cover, to the closed can, back to the vaccum on the engine, this way the vacuum pulls the vvapors an moisture from the engine, thru the can, lets the moisture fall to the bottom of the can, the vapors which are harmless get taken and reburnt thru the engine, with an open system , there is nothing but basically blow by that is going to push the contaminants out of the engine, it also lets the pressure from the engine, and well three they just stink under the hood and into the cab iwth an open can

Getting really irritated at this. I went form valve cover to valve cover to catch can and it caused my engine breather cap to pop off driving down the rode. Talking about frustration.

Little late, but have you taken the can out and made sure its empty? Mine stopped draining when the weather warmed up and I thought that was normal (would open the petcock everyday anyway). Started getting cold again, and oil started leaking out of the oil cap. Had no clue why this was happening (went through 3 caps, same thing). Finally took all of the hoses off and blew them out, nothing, took the filter off of the can and in the process of taking it out turned it upside down and this nasty sludge was pouring out (guess it clogged the valve). Cleaned all that crap out of the can and no more problems.

Getting really irritated at this. I went form valve cover to valve cover to catch can and it caused my engine breather cap to pop off driving down the rode. Talking about frustration.

What engine breather cap are you talking about? The one on the top of the catch can?

On my 06 qc the driver side vent out of the valve cover goes into the intake manifold on the under side right behind the throttle body. The passenger side vent goes into the air box. If I remember correctly the two vent are supposde to be tied together and then tie them to the catch can. My buddy has his that way and he never gets more then a couple drops out of his when he changes his oil. That is when he checks his can. Why is the oil fill vent tied to the vacuum line on the brake power booster? Wont that just suck oil out of the engine and put it into the vent lines? I cant see where the line goes after that, but I think in the video it goes around to your catch can. If that is the case them that is why you are getting oil coming out. My understanding of the catch can is that it is supposed to catch misting oil only. I will call a buddy of mine who is a viper mechanic and ask him. I have a catch can for my ram air box and it only hooks up to the passenger side valve cover. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back