Catless mids: add a cat or not?

attila

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got Mopar Headers with catless mids. I'm a little concerned those mids are way loo lound and stinky. What about adding an Highflow metallic cat per part?

so maybe it cuts down some fumes...

or should I leave them pipes as they are?

we are required to have a fumes inspection.. but it can be worked around :D

thanks

I say leave it, just dont open you back and side windows together. If you just open your side windows you wont get fumes, same goes for just opening you back window and leaving the sides up! I love the sound of the catless mids!!

i removed my XM catless mids because i could not hear my wife when in the truck at any speed above 60 !

hashash said:
i removed my XM catless mids because i could not hear my wife when in the truck at any speed above 60 !

Some would say that's an added benefit of catless mids.:D

I had the same complaint with my JMB catless mids...loud (well, yes & no), and fumes....I installed the hiflows sold by JMB....noise reduced and fumes are gone...

well, maybe 2 highflow cats are better than 4 stock...

there are some on Summit or ebay, even Magnaflows, what should I get?

I think I should have at least a car that doesn't make my hair stink haha until I have some, of course.

How bad are the fumes? I contuniually ride with the rear slider open to let "fresh" air in.

You definatly smell the fumes. I never ride with both the sides and rear slider open. It doesnt bother me much but my GF does notice and mentions it now and then. And its loud..........you will hear all gears at any throttle. If I was capable of long trips I imagine it would be too much noise.

patrick

I will admit hat my truck has sound deadning material lining the entire inside of the cabin. This does help a ton and wgen I want to hear the truck, I slid open the back window and viola, music to my ears. Nothing like setting off car alarms on a WOT blast!!

no cats for me !!!

fumes for alittle while after install, but barely notice any now...... hp outweighs smell/noise for me........ she's a head turner everytime i push the red button.......:D

Last edited:
both my trucks are catless... and while the stock one sounds great... FI one is obnoxiously loud.... I'll be looking into putting 4 hi-flows back on... I'd like to get corsa's... we'll see...

if you want to sell the catless pipe PM me. The pipe I got with my headers was damaged And I need to find a new one.

I've got the JMB catless mids and I just bought the magnaflow. I plan to be a 3" system from the manafold. Is this going to be much louder than the stock exhaust with catless mids? Is there a 3" setup that tones the sound down a little? I don't really enjoy pissing off the neighbors THAT much...:dontknow: :D :rock: :rock: :rock:

BlackViperRam04 said:
Thats actually why I installed mine.. (is that wrong??:dontknow: )

I don't think so, that's what I'm doing next weekend. :burnout: :burnout: :burnout: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back