Catless Mids... Exhaust Leak??

FaSt ReD SrT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys... I have a little problem... I installed my pipes yesterday, and everything seems great... no CELs, engine lights, or nothing... but It seems like I have a bad exhaust leak... Everytime I drive my truck I feel like the fumes are comming into the cab... and the truck smells really bad like exhaust... I tightened the 3 bolt flange from the manifolts to the mids as hard as I could... but I don't know if that is good enough... just how hard do they have to be? I smell like exhaust everytime I get out of my truck now... it sucks...

What should I do?

service manual says 27ft lbs...Make sure the flages arent messed up, and check were the mids meet the mufflers...

-Red

Are you sure it's not just the coating buring off the pipes? If it's an exhaust leak, you can take a hose (a piece of garden hose or something similar) hold one end to your ear and move the other end around where the lease might be IE exhaust pipe junctions, manfolds, etc and you will be able to hear it loud and clear. At least then you know where you have the issue, and figure out what you need to do to correct it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back