catless mid's question.

Snakes709

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question. Do any of the o2 sensors need to go into the catless midpipes? I know someone said tie the up, just not sure if all of them. I'm guessing the only thing that will be going in the pipe is my wideband sensor, correct?

Fronts in, tie up the back

my mids from JMB had 3 bungs on driversside and 2 bungs on the pasengerside. the kit came with antifoulers or really just spacers to get the rear sensors out of the exhaust stream. so front 02's in bungs and rear 02's in the spacers then into the bungs . the other bung has a plug and can be used for wideband guage or whatever. make sure the plug is tight or it will fall out and be really loud!!

Well i went to the shop today and i talked to the guy that will be welding in the pipes im getting from Rad (Yellow446). Since i didnt have the pipes with me it was hard for him to tell me a good estimate price, but he said an ideal spot would be right after the first sensor...iiunno what works best for them and cheaper for me. I would think that Rad's pipes only have 1 bung in each pipe for the front sensor, so that means i just need one more buny welded in for my wideband and just tie the other sensor up.

Screw them all in, most catless mids have an extra bunge for the wideband, and have Torrie shut off the rear oxygen sensors.

I'm getting them frin Yellow446 today and he said on the phone it didnt have another bung for the wideband, ill find out more info when i actually pick them up. They wont be going on the truck until the 16th tho. Then im going to run the truck the next day at the drag strip and see what it does and see what my afr is. Then torrie said he will adjust my tune.

Last edited:
When you unbolt the cat pipes from the manifold, make sure you have a small set of visegrips on the nuts! There is a metal clip that held the nut during assembly that will drive you insane if you don't hold it back before attempting to unscrew it!!!

When you unbolt the cat pipes from the manifold, make sure you have a small set of visegrips on the nuts! There is a metal clip that held the nut during assembly that will drive you insane if you don't hold it back before attempting to unscrew it!!!

Yea, those were fun... not.

I'm getting them frin Yellow446 today and he said on the phone it didnt have another bung for the wideband, ill find out more info when i actually pick them up. They wont be going on the truck until the 16th tho. Then im going to run the truck the next day at the drag strip and see what it does and see what my afr is. Then torrie said he will adjust my tune.
have the shop that's doing the install, weld a bunge in.

Dont think they r coming right out. Rad cut the pipes out and the guy at the shop said he should be able to weld them in without taking the pipes right out.

Screw them all in, most catless mids have an extra bunge for the wideband, and have Torrie shut off the rear oxygen sensors.

Torrie told me that he can't turn the rear sensors off with an SCT cause I had a code come up and I asked him about doing that,unless he got some updated programs for the SCT??

Last edited:
Torrie told me that he can't turn the rear sensors off with an SCT cause I had a code come up and I asked him about doing that,unless he got some updated programs for the SCT??

You need to check with him again. he shut mine off about a year and a half ago

So i picked the catless mids up from Yellow446 today (thanks again) Although i noticed it only eliminates the rear cats. Whats the hp difference between removing the rear 2 cats vs. removing all 4. Im just wondering is it worth paying the extra money to do fabricating to remove the front 2 cats.

So i picked the catless mids up from Yellow446 today (thanks again) Although i noticed it only eliminates the rear cats. Whats the hp difference between removing the rear 2 cats vs. removing all 4. Im just wondering is it worth paying the extra money to do fabricating to remove the front 2 cats.

Remove them all. Nice improvement

thats what im thinking, its just going to cost a little more then i thought, by the time i get these welded in, i could have just paid for a brand new set from ROE and bolt them in..lol.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back