catless mid's question.

Snakes709

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently got a set of mopar catless mids from a local member, however they were cut short so they are only long enough to remove the rear cats. I went to a shop to get a quote and they said it would cost $300 to weld the pipes in and weld in a 02 bung for my wideband. However that still leaves the front cats in, they said it would cost about $500 to weld the pipes in and custom fab the section to remove the front cats.

I'm seeing online catless mids go for about $350, but require a extention for the QC. My magnaflow is 2 1/2" and so is the stock pipe, correct? Is there any mid pipes made that are 2 1/2"? If i can find a pipe that size then i can just use my stock extention pipes, correct?

It was nice to get these pipes for free but i would like to get a set that will bolt right in (that way i have the option of taking them out if i sell the truck or require a inspection) and have it cost less then $500.

Whatever shop you went too is absolutely nutts. That is way to much money for them to just weld in a pipe you are providing that is already bent and cut to length.

Not quite sure how you got a catless mid that only removes the rear cats. Ive only seen them with the flange for the manifold and the bung already in it. That said i would discount the mids you have from your plans.

Justins JMBPerformance.com mid pipes already have the extended bung welded in for the rear o2 sensors. They effectively pull the o2 sensor out of direct flow of the exhaust so you dont trip a code. They are also welded with the 2.5 inch slip on so your cat back will slide right in. You may can even install it yourself, if not a shop shouldnt charge more than 60 bucks to do it. Shoot justin a pm and see what he can work out for you.

Last edited:
thanks, the pipes i got were free and the owner cut them out...i dont know why he cut them between the 2 cats though. And i was thinking that about how much the shop wants to charge me. Other shops wont touch it cuz its "aftermarket".

These shops are in the business of making money. If you provide a pipe that is custom made for our specialty truck, and all they have to do is provide the labor, its free money for them. I never had a problem getting my exhaust systems installed around here. I would call a few places, tell them what you have and what you want to do. You might be suprised. I would say "I have a Ram with a Viper engine in it and i have a custom exhaust made for it already. Can you guys install it for me. Say for around $60?"

I can do the install no problem, but if it requires welding then i gotta get a shop to do that. I'm going to check the shop that welded up my O2 bung to the truck and did the welding on my exhaust for my cobalt. They gave me a lecture on how they arent suppose to because its aftermarket, but i think they will do these pipes, but it will still leave me with the 2 front cats in the truck.

I recently got a set of mopar catless mids from a local member, however they were cut short so they are only long enough to remove the rear cats. I went to a shop to get a quote and they said it would cost $300 to weld the pipes in and weld in a 02 bung for my wideband. However that still leaves the front cats in, they said it would cost about $500 to weld the pipes in and custom fab the section to remove the front cats.

I'm seeing online catless mids go for about $350, but require a extention for the QC. My magnaflow is 2 1/2" and so is the stock pipe, correct? Is there any mid pipes made that are 2 1/2"? If i can find a pipe that size then i can just use my stock extention pipes, correct?

It was nice to get these pipes for free but i would like to get a set that will bolt right in (that way i have the option of taking them out if i sell the truck or require a inspection) and have it cost less then $500.
That's the best way to go. Your truck already has the extension from the factory. It's all bolt on. No welding required. And I believe ur Magnaflow is 3".

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back