CATLESS MIDS.... THROWING CODE

FaSt ReD SrT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys... just got done with the install.... VERY LOUD... but sounds sick...

Throwing this code.... P0031-O2 SENSOR 1/1 HEATER CIRCUIT LOW - SRT10

Which sensor is this? I know it is an upstream... but which one?

Did u install a pair of oxgen simulators "O2 sims" in place of the factory sensors near the mid-pipes?
These simulators, available from supporting vendor(s), will prevent a certain code - probably the one you are seeing - from being thrown.
9304652.jpg

"Eliminates check engine light for the O2 sensor heater"
$80-100

Last edited:
DenOfThievz said:
Did u install a pair of oxgen simulators "O2 sims" in place of the factory sensors near the mid-pipes?
These simulators, available from supporting vendor(s), will prevent a certain code - probably the one you are seeing - from being thrown.
9304652.jpg

"Eliminates check engine light for the O2 sensor heater"
$80-100

Sims are in his sig line, so I presume he does.

As I recall, that should be the driver's primary (upstream) sensor throwing the code.

It's a PITA to get at that connector, but after a mid-pipe install, it may not be getting a good connection at the harness coupling.

DenOfThievz said:
Ok - then assuming they are installed and not just in the sig line pending install, the wires could possibly swapped on one or both of the sims.

http://www.vtcoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1322&highlight=sims+wire

The sensor that is throwing the code is, again, an upstream sensor, so he'd be seeing a DTC on sensor 1/2 or 2/2 The downstream O2 sensors are the ones that get the SIMs.

Unless you mean that he swapped the upstream and downstream sensor leads, which is physically impossible of course.

Anyway, P0031 is for Bank 1, Sensor 1. (upstream driver's side sensor)

The sensor may have become fouled in the installation process, or the engine was run with it disconnected (bad for O2 sensors).

Here's a handy Dodge OBDII reference for anyone that wants it:

http://redhat3.admarkonline.com/~superchips/images/installation/ul/install-34.pdf

Last edited:
DenOfThievz said:
9304652.jpg

"Eliminates check engine light for the O2 sensor heater AND THAT PESKY LAMP OUT INDICATOR"
$80-100

Okay maybe I stretched the truth a bit..:dontknow:

Thanks for your help guys... the connector on the Harness wasn't plugged in all the way... I reset the computer... AND NO CODES!!!!

The Truck sounds absolutely insane right now... and I am going to get Pics and good videos today :)

FaSt ReD SrT10 said:
Thanks for your help guys... the connector on the Harness wasn't plugged in all the way... I reset the computer... AND NO CODES!!!!

HA! Score one for Hellboy!:D

Glad to be of assistance.

FaSt ReD SrT10 said:

The Truck sounds absolutely insane right now... and I am going to get Pics and good videos today :)

Yeah.. I recall that issue now on mine.. did not throw a code.. but I had a hell of a time getting to one of the connectors on the front O2s, but was eventually able to get it plugged in... it sat almost nearly dead center on the top of the tranny...

Back