Catless Mids - Tune Required?

USMC11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Just wondering about catless mids...

Is a tune required to get the typical 20+ RWHP with catless mids or no?

No. I dont think you need a tune . But you shoulg get a tune so u dont get check engien light .

isnt there a mechanical o2 sim that can be installed? I've got an '04...

when i had the catless mids, i remove the O2 sensors, reconnected them & tied them out of the way.

no CEL

works on some & not on others for some reason

Pulls the cats off, and do the tune all at once. You will def notice a difference I did.

Installed my JMB catless mids yesterday and it sounds great. It comes with the mechanical o2 sims and I did not get any code on my 2006 QC. Justin does great quality work. It was kinda a pain in the ass removing the old pipes off the manifold though.

Installed my JMB catless mids yesterday and it sounds great. It comes with the mechanical o2 sims and I did not get any code on my 2006 QC. Justin does great quality work.:elefant::elefant::elefant: It was kinda a pain in the ass removing the old pipes off the manifold though.:elefant::elefant::elefant:

kind of can be an understatement, lol:toilet::D

Yeah it was. took about 12 hours for the complete install.

What! Really!?!?!? I just got my mopar long tubes and mids in, hopefully it is easier to replace the manifold back. I'm not doing it, a tech is, but I don't want to be billed for 12 hrs!

What! Really!?!?!? I just got my mopar long tubes and mids in, hopefully it is easier to replace the manifold back. I'm not doing it, a tech is, but I don't want to be billed for 12 hrs!

naw, if ya take it apart, instead of yankin it out, it takes longer.

the manifold to mid pipe flange can be a real pain in the buttocks & even though its stainless the joints still grow together.

iof ya are planin swappin stuff around a bunch, Moparracin is the best setup

:rock::rock::rock::rock:

The only real problem I had was removing the three bolts on each manifold. For some reason Dodge uses some cheap ass nut clip and 5 out of the 6 were seized up. On the last one I had to removed the starter to get it out. If it wasn't for those shitty clips it wouldn't have taken that long.

Cool. Thanks everyone. The flanges look like a good idea because it would suck having to cut and weld every time smog comes up..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back