Catless Mids

Harasin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm putting on a magnaflow system tomorrow. Was thinking about whether i should get rid of the cats or not. Will removing the cats void my warrenty?

Harasin said:
I'm putting on a magnaflow system tomorrow. Was thinking about whether i should get rid of the cats or not. Will removing the cats void my warrenty?

your truck will thank you if you remove them.. it will reward you more horsepower and better MPG!:rock:

I'm sure with how the way thing's are going with auto maker's they will hold it against you. I didn't buy my extended. Someone told me that the srt10 came with the dodge 7/70 factory warranty is that true. Just buy a catless midpipe and throw your stocker back on if any issues come up :)

Harasin said:
Your cats are warrantied until 8/80, so if ya mess with them there will be no warranty.

Get rid of em. The power and sound gain are well worth it

amtrucker22 said:
our 10's did not come standard with the 7/70

But you can go up to a dealership and get an extended warranty, at least that's what I did:rock: My powertrain is covered till 80K miles:D

Yellow venom said:
more HP and MPG ,but also WAY LOUDER too(with a magnaflow catback),your neighbours will love ya! LOL!

Thats what makes this decision so much harder. But id hate it if dodge wouldn't fix something under warranty because of it. Money is too tight right now.

SPACEMONKEY1 said:
But you can go up to a dealership and get an extended warranty, at least that's what I did:rock: My powertrain is covered till 80K miles:D
Yes I have the extended Powertrain Plus warranty also. They just don't come standard with the extended warranty.

I would have done a little more mod'ing if I didn't have an extended warranty. :(

You wouldn't happen to have an exhaust vid with the magnaflows with the cats on do you?

Cut em off or at least the rear one's....or buy a midpipe you can remove when you gotta go to the dealer!
The Sound will be NICE!!!!

I put hi-flows from Stinker on mine and have had warranty work done (nothing to the drivetrain). Sometimes you can call your dealership to see if they are OK with some mods. It does not guarantee they will honor their word later but it is worth a try (I called and asked if I could install a DD transmission pan on my truck and they said it would not be a problem).

amtrucker22 said:
I put hi-flows from Stinker on mine and have had warranty work done (nothing to the drivetrain). Sometimes you can call your dealership to see if they are OK with some mods. It does not guarantee they will honor their word later but it is worth a try (I called and asked if I could install a DD transmission pan on my truck and they said it would not be a problem).
Exhaust should not effect warrnty, for the most part.

SANTEEN said:
Exhaust should not effect warrnty, for the most part.
You give some dealers a chance they will void your warranty in a heartbeat.

Your keywords are SHOULD NOT...

they cannot void your warranty over this. All they can do decline it if something were to fail because of the modification.

However you do get some ignorant dealers and techs out there who for some stupid try to decline warranty but they cant.

If they ever do please read your warranty manual. It specifies what it is covered and what not.

btw, do the catless mids and buy them from jmb. save your self the hassel and learn the motto

mods are not cheap, and cheap mods are not good, you have pay to play or leave it as is

FerrariTruck said:
they cannot void your warranty over this. All they can do decline it if something were to fail because of the modification.

However you do get some ignorant dealers and techs out there who for some stupid try to decline warranty but they cant.

If they ever do please read your warranty manual. It specifies what it is covered and what not.

btw, do the catless mids and buy them from jmb. save your self the hassel and learn the motto

mods are not cheap, and cheap mods are not good, you have pay to play or leave it as is
He's right. I work for a dealer. The dealer must prove that the modded part caused the failure. It is true there are a lot of ignorant dealers out there. For instance, I can't tell you that I wont cover your failed A/C compressor because you have catlss mids. However, I can tell you that I wont cover your oxygen sensor because you have catless mids.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back