Catless Mids

SANTEEN said:
He's right. I work for a dealer. The dealer must prove that the modded part caused the failure. It is true there are a lot of ignorant dealers out there. For instance, I can't tell you that I wont cover your failed A/C compressor because you have catlss mids. However, I can tell you that I wont cover your oxygen sensor because you have catless mids.

true that, i work at a bmw dealer and we really dont get to many heavily modded cars. most of the time a cai or muffler...

But you wont cover an 02 sensor for catless mids?
pre cat you still can, post cat very likely not

SANTEEN said:
He's right. I work for a dealer. The dealer must prove that the modded part caused the failure. It is true there are a lot of ignorant dealers out there. For instance, I can't tell you that I wont cover your failed A/C compressor because you have catlss mids. However, I can tell you that I wont cover your oxygen sensor because you have catless mids.

Yes he is right, I didn't say it right. They can put restrictions on your warranty that will prevent you from getting items repaired for free if the mod you did had an affect on the item being repaired.

They do not have to prove to you that your mod was the culprit that caused the problem. They make a decision based on their findings and then flag your warranty if they are convinced that the mod is what caused the problem.

I remember reading this after I got my truck --> LINK. I know that all dealers are not like this, but I know some dealers are.

People can quote the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act all they want but if a dealer flags you it is not going to be a fun ride trying to get your warranty reinstated.

Roktman did a good write up on this here --> LINK

What I have done is developed a relationship with my service manager and I run things by her before I do mods that may affect my warranty.

amtrucker22 said:
Yes he is right, I didn't say it right. They can put restrictions on your warranty that will prevent you from getting items repaired for free if the mod you did had an affect on the item being repaired.

They do not have to prove to you that your mod was the culprit that caused the problem. They make a decision based on their findings and then flag your warranty if they are convinced that the mod is what caused the problem.

I remember reading this after I got my truck --> LINK. I know that all dealers are not like this, but I know some dealers are.

People can quote the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act all they want but if a dealer flags you it is not going to be a fun ride trying to get your warranty reinstated.

Roktman did a good write up on this here --> LINK

What I have done is developed a relationship with my service manager and I run things by her before I do mods that may affect my warranty.
Female service manager? Do you live in Miami bud? South Dade Dodge?

Pensacola. FlyinLow told me about her. He use to get service done to his truck with his STS system on.

If I were to install the catless mid pipes, what happens to the O2 censer? Is there an extra part that has to be bought?

If you are that concerned, you could get a set of catless mids and keep the stock ones. If you need to take the truck in for warranty, just swap the stock units back in.

If you go catless, you need O2 sims for the downstream sensors. There are mechanical ones and electronic ones. I have electronic ones and never had a problem with codes. However, I also have the Mopar Performance PCM, which disregards inputs from the downstream sensors. You might also be able to get a custom SCT flash that will also disregard the downstream sensors. Mechanical sims I think are the most inexpensive route.

-Muzzy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back