CEL check engine light not working on my 2005 SRT-10

master_328

Reaction score
Hello folks,

my check engine light (CEL) is not working at all. With ignition turned on only, it`s also not working. I just removed the dash, to check for a broken bulb, but I can`t find the bulb. Is it an LED? How could I trigger it to test it? I already checked ECU but I could not find the CEL wire. Is this signal transferred by a bus system?

You may want to see about downloading the repair CD for the 10's ... I believe it's on here somewhere or someone may have a copy ... It should have wiring diagrams etc ..

Thanks for your input.

I already checked ECU pinouts. But I couldn`t find a special CEL signal.

Does anybody have wiring diagrams of the dash (tacho) unit?

How do you know it's not working? Half serious, half jokingly

Well CEL should work when ignition is on, but engine not running. There was also a fault code because of a damaged spark plug, but there was no light. So it`s definitely not working. I just bought the car, maybe someone manipulated the light, but there seems to be no bulb to simply pull off...

Not sure, but take the gas cap off and let it run, this throw an EVAP code.

Thanks for help.

Have this fault code stored...but there is no check engine light :-(

The light should also work when turning the key...but it doesn`t

Well CEL should work when ignition is on, but engine not running. There was also a fault code because of a damaged spark plug, but there was no light. So it`s definitely not working. I just bought the car, maybe someone manipulated the light, but there seems to be no bulb to simply pull off...

I know some readers will show every code ever registered when they get plugged in are you sure it's not a past code?

You do have a point about the ignition on, I don't think it's a bulb it should be a board.

Do an instument cluster test (do not start). Hold the trip reset button and turn the key to on(don't let go of the trip button).

The cluster will do a test, the CEL turns on and off if I remember right. Maybe someone with a 2005 that is bored will also run one and see what happens

Do an instument cluster test (do not start). Hold the trip reset button and turn the key to on(don't let go of the trip button).

The cluster will do a test, the CEL turns on and off if I remember right. Maybe someone with a 2005 that is bored will also run one and see what happens

Thank you...test was successful. But check engine light is definitely not working...everything else is working fine.

I just solved this problem. There was a black tape on the backside of the display. Seems like the pre-owner preferred to shut sown CEL light instead of searching for faults :)

Thanks for your help guys.

I bet it wasn't the owner, bet it was a dealer

I just solved this problem. There was a black tape on the backside of the display. Seems like the pre-owner preferred to shut sown CEL light instead of searching for faults :)

Thanks for your help guys.

That is some shady S&*^!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back