CEL issue

Floor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i was driving home from work i noticed CEL being lit (all the time)
Having 2 extra AF gauges I saw the left cylinders are running rich (10-11 ish) at idle. I didn't notice anything else differently so far.

Anyone suggestions what it could be?

Second question: can I read the code with an SCT tuner from a friend to avoid passing by the stealership.

If you turn your trucks ignition on and off 3 times you should be able to pull the codes (comes up on the odometer).

gonna give it a try right away . thks for the tip
After that, I'll disconnect the battery while reporting back. Can't do any harm...

P0205.
Fuel injector No 5...(got it from my own copy of the manual :) )
Appart from checking the 30 amp fuse, not much I can do right away.
When I popped the hood (engine running) the smell of petrol arised... A/F running 10-13. Right 5's nicely arround 14,5

fuse ok.
Does the PCM throw multiple codes if applicable?
Can the petrol smell be coming from only one injector malfunction?
Hard to believe...

you would be surprised at what one bad injector can do to a motor. And yes if that injector is stuck open it can piss your tank away. There cheap to replace.

so I guess I'll be driving sloooowly to the dealer tomorrow.:D
BTW, are these the same injectors as the Vipers?
You know the RAM 10's are not sold in Europe officially but the vipers are.
Just to have an idea the part will be in stock;)

if it is stuck open it will keep firing when it is not supposed to, and will rich out the fuel which is not all bad, but it will smoke like a bitch for a little bit when you put the new one in. If it stuck closed or not running at all will make your fuel run lean and misfire that is why I wouldnt drive it but if you smelling excesive fuel more then likely it is stuck open take in while you can.or do it your self it is pretty easy.

and yes to the sct it will read codes on all obdII, I have checked codes on a malibu colorado durango and pt crusier havent tried it on the fords yet but it will read the codes and give you a number.

only one code discovered after checking... anyone knows what the cost of such an injector is in the US ?
Anyone willing to ship one to me? Dealer in Belgium is asking 110 usd for one (without installation)

Check with Roe Racing...they will ship an injector to you.

I think Matt is right on with his analysis...it is good that you are smelling fuel. Better to be rich than lean...

Good luck, let us know what the dealer has to say.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back