Cell Phone Mount

Kevan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I'm looking for ideas or product suggestions regarding where to clip/mount my cell in the truck.
(those with suggestions like 'lower the window and eject it to the left firmly' will be ignored, and possibly verbally embarrassed publicly)

The truck is an 05 RC, and I have the RB4 with UConnect. It works great, but with the amount of thrust the truck can deliver, I'm getting tired of doing the Obi-Wan "grab-the-phone-as-it-launches-from-the-cubby-hole-while-flossing-the-whip-into-3rd" move.

I would like to no longer use the Force to keep my cell phone in place. Toss up some pics of your dash or phone mount setup!

TIA

(looks like we can't edit our posts anymore....hmmmm...okay....)

And....
I'd like to avoid drilling and double-stick tape.

At most auto parts stores they sell a cell phone holding thing that is a magnet that sticks to your dash, and there is a piece of metal that you stick on the back of your phone.... works amazing, and it has never fallen off the dash (vertically mounted) on any launches, corners, etc...

It's only like $10 too... :)

Thanks for the ideas folks.

My phone has a clip on the back of it (like this one: http://www.cellphoneshop.net/hoforert6.html) so attaching a magnet or anything else isn't really an option.
I just need something simple that attaches to the face of the dash non-invasively.

I'll take some pics of the mount I fabricated for my Durango, and the one I made tonight to tide me over until I find something better.

mauiSRT/10 said:
I am just not that fancy. I just keep it in the cup holder.
Haul-N-Ass said:
Since I don't smoke and have U-connect, I put my phone in the ash tray.
Works great.
Ditto - I keep mine in the ash-tray since it is just the right size.

Kevan said:
(looks like we can't edit our posts anymore....hmmmm...okay....)

And....
I'd like to avoid drilling and double-stick tape.

I noticed that too. Must be the soap opera effect.

Huh! I can edit...

I clip mine to the visor...works like a charm...

I got sick of searching under the seats for it as it would stay in the cubby for about 2 seconds. I need to work on that "force" usage as my reaction time to grab it as it went sailing by didn't seem to work. Visor works great though.

Since I have completely removed and replaced the factory NAV, Radio, sub and main audio amps, I will be adding a mount to my system that mutes the stereo and brings the conversation into the audio system. If you are interested in something like that, I know there is a way to add AUX inputs to the factory system.

Rick

Thanks Rick, but the truck has UConnect, so I'm all ready hooked up to the stereo (via Bluetooth). It's a pretty slick system.

I tried the visor method for a couple of days. The problem is that it's not really in the line of sight, so...unless Bluetooth is on, I miss calls. Same sort of thing with the ashtray method. They're not bad ideas, but they don't work for me. I wish I wasn't so damn busy. :)

I'm still checking the 'net today. I'm sure there's something out there.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back