Century bike ride

JRSVIPR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are in Palm Springs for the Tour de PalmSprings. My wife just finished the 100 mile ride, Eight hours. The woman is bad I tell you.

thats awesome, i will never forget my first century. albany to scroon lake, then back. technically its a double century but it was not the same day.
flordia thou is knida flat... lol. did she snap any photos?

tinygiants said:
Congratulations to her. I need to get my butt in gear.
i was thinkin the same thing...every time i go in the garage and stare at this whole carbon fiber, titanium, and aluminum thingy.....

maybe i'll just sell it...

century's are tough rides...congrats...really...:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

viperhauler said:
i was thinkin the same thing...every time i go in the garage and stare at this whole carbon fiber, titanium, and aluminum thingy.....

maybe i'll just sell it...

century's are tough rides...congrats...really...:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Carbon fiber, titanium, and aluminum, all on the same bike?

I have one that's carbon fiber frame and wheels and aluminum components (Cervelo P2C), and one that's a whole lot of aluminum (Giant TCR). Whatcha got?

klein aura xv... gradient zirconium AL with carbon fork and rear triangle full ultegra

asset_upload_file667_1106.jpg

got kysyirums and michelins not the bontragers and speedplays

Last edited:
Thanks guys, I am really proud of her. Almost inspires me to break out the ol Bike. Eight hours is a lot of saddle time. She rides a Trek. Sorry no pics.

trek is ok, got a specialized myself. its allot easier to ride a hybrid bike then a racer. i got to get mine out again someday... when i'm 60. she will never forget it.

scoobert said:
trek is ok, got a specialized myself. its allot easier to ride a hybrid bike then a racer. i got to get mine out again someday... when i'm 60. she will never forget it.
I have a Specialized Allez i have not ridden in some time. I keep threatening to get on it again.:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Its good to see folks here with wheels other than gas powered:D
I have had many bikes for training and racing. Currently have Trek Madone
5.2 (09)

I have a felt Z25 and love it. I told you John, if you ever pull out the ole bike, Ill be right there next to ya..

RedSrt007 said:
I have a felt Z25 and love it. I told you John, if you ever pull out the ole bike, Ill be right there next to ya..
Thanks man, I really appreciate that.

scoobert said:
trek is ok, got a specialized myself. its allot easier to ride a hybrid bike then a racer.

But a lot less fun. And for the record: Cervelos rule! Seriously, if you haven't ridden a Cervelo before, try one--they're expensive, but worth it.

JRSVIPR said:
Thanks guys, I am really proud of her. Almost inspires me to break out the ol Bike. Eight hours is a lot of saddle time. She rides a Trek. Sorry no pics.
WOW!! Grats to your wife :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :rock:

I've got a MASI 3VC full carbon for the road, and an old HomeGrown Schwinn for the mountains. Been riding for a long time, and still loving it.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back