Ceramic Coated Paxton

JeffBoyette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It took alot of work but what an improvement! High temp ceramic. 4 coats of primer, 4 gloss black, 6 coats of clear.
2014-05-10 10.56.34.jpg

2014-05-10 10.55.15.jpg

Looks awesome!

It looks good, but won't the ceramic coating trap heat inside the supercharger?

That looks killer, how much boost are you going to run? hp?

It looks good, but won't the ceramic coating trap heat inside the supercharger?

I'm sure it may "trap heat", but for the millisecond the air is in the blower I don't think it will make any difference, the ceramic coating may work both ways, it may also prevent the engine heat from heating up the intake air from the outside into the blower too.
The blower looks 10 times better painted then grey or polished, mine is polished but shows every mark and scratch!

It is advertised as dissipating heat. Who knows. My upgraded heat exchanger/intercooler, oversized waterpump for it, and meth injection should keep my temps down either way.

Duplicolor Ceramic Engine Enamel. 550 degree. Still needs a few more days ambient cure and ill color sand and polish it out per Duplicolors advice over their techline. Very little orange peel. Cleaned it, Sanded it from 80 to 400, Built it up with primer, Several light coats of color then sprayed wet with color and clear. Layed down like glass. 10 minutes between coats.

I plan to do my intake manifold, thermostat housing, alternator, and front bracket assembly the same way. At 1/10th the cost of powdercoating, i never had a problem with finish or durability when I did my nightrunner the same way. Still looks flawless.

Upgraded water pump and heat exchanger/intercooler. Wont help peak numbers any i dont think but heat soak shouldnt ever be a problem.
100_0553.jpeg

dlm_cooler-1.jpg
I ordered my fuel system, injectors, thermostat, motor/trans mounts, silicon couplers and tbolts this morning. Just got through ordering my SCT and tunes from Torrie. Hope to have the parts by the weekend and start tearing it apart!

Nice, what engine mounts dud you get? I've read that the stockers melt from the heat after some time

Walbro 400s installed in the tank. 68lb injectors. Oil pan removed and tapped for the drain. Woodhouse motor mounts installed (Hell). Crank drilled and pinned. Brackets and supercharger mounted. The list is short, but it was a job to do by yourself, with basic hand tools, car 2 feet off the ground.
Tomorrow I install the intercooler and fire it up.
20140520_202657.jpg

Last edited:
Install is finished. Tig welded custom brackets to solid mount the upgraded DLM heat exchanger off the condenser. Should keep the AC colder, more airflow through the exchanger and its a much cleaner install. Same treatment to the water pump. Zip ties weren't acceptable. A few final things to square away. JTSVP power steering and prototype oil cooler lines going on tomorrow. Water meth is being shipped as well as a AEM 30-4900 wideband/boost failsafe. Tuning by Torrie, soon to get datalogged and dialed in.
Will be attending the Moparpalooza Car show in MD saturday. I registered last month #327, heard there is over 500 now. Lets see if its trophy worthy.
20140529_174828.jpg

20140529_174938.jpg

20140529_174933.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back