Changed rear end fluid and found surprise

fursale

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was draining the rear end fluid and stuck to the magnet was a small pin a little under a 1/8 inch thick and about 5/8 inch long.
Seems like it is a roll pin (hollow inside).
Anyone know what it is.The truck runs fine.Positraction is working fine,I test that often.:burnout:
It is under warranty but with $100.00 deductible.
Also can it be replaced by just removing the back cover.

Last edited:
uh, no drivey no mo, get to dealership asap buddy, matter of fact now!

probably what it is , is the bolt holding the large pin it buddy, if the pin falls, ten the ..........well bad, get to a dealership asap;)

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
uh, no drivey no mo, get to dealership asap buddy, matter of fact now!

probably what it is , is the bolt holding the large pin it buddy, if the pin falls, ten the ..........well bad, get to a dealership asap;)

Put it under a magnifier and it looks like a small sliver of metal that might have went through the gears and got rolled up.
It's very small not a bolt.About the thickness of a toothpick and 5/8 inch long.
Also very soft easily bends,not like a roll pin would be,I think?
Been many years since I had a rear end apart.:confused:

whew! ok its not the lock pin then, the only think I can think of is maybe one of the shims , or a piece of the clutch in the sides?

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
whew! ok its not the lock pin then, the only think I can think of is maybe one of the shims , or a piece of the clutch in the sides?

Thanks for the suggestions.By the way u got the lifetime stainless oil cooler lines in stock,or a estimated time.

got some , man I would pull off the cover and see if I could see anything out of the ordinary buddy, but yessir, gottem in stock buddy

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back