Changing all the hoses...reccomendations???

TerryK67

Reaction score
Ok so it's time to change out all the under hood rubber....radiator and heater hoses....anything else I'm missing that you reccomend I change out?...and any suggestions as I've seen some silicone stuff out there...

Just FYI I'm flushing the brakes, the rad, the diff....so I figured time to do all the other stuff as well....

Thanks for the help!!

Jmbperformance.com has the hard radiator pipes and he powdercoats them too!

Just curious, why are you changing all this stuff? Does it deteriorate fast in your area or just preventative maintenance?

Why not oil lines from jtsvp?

Not a fan of the following:
a) they use straights on both ends of the hoses so the routing is not as neat as it can be like when using 90's and 45's. But then indexing is important so I understand why he does them this way, it prevents potential installation problems.
b) the engine oil cooler lines should not be a focal point, and they will be if they are steel braided (People need to look at the engine, not the hoses but then again the general consensus on here is snake head and Viper logoed crap everywhere is cool, so Im sure the majority like shiny lines too)
c) Id rather use steel hose ends and fittings than aluminum (steel will never distort and leak)
d) price

If my steering line I have from JTSVP ever leaks for any reason I will replace it with a regular hydraulic hose too.

Does the the silicone kit contain oil cooler lines because mine are leaking according to a mechanic after an oil change. I need two and they said it would be over 350 plus labour. Does anyone know where the lines are an how long it would take to change yourself??

Not a fan of the following:
a) they use straights on both ends of the hoses so the routing is not as neat as it can be like when using 90's and 45's. But then indexing is important so I understand why he does them this way, it prevents potential installation problems.
b) the engine oil cooler lines should not be a focal point, and they will be if they are steel braided (People need to look at the engine, not the hoses but then again the general consensus on here is snake head and Viper logoed crap everywhere is cool, so Im sure the majority like shiny lines too)
c) Id rather use steel hose ends and fittings than aluminum (steel will never distort and leak)
d) price

If my steering line I have from JTSVP ever leaks for any reason I will replace it with a regular hydraulic hose too.

Lol, I got them in black for next to nothing, installed. Guaranteed to never leak. Just sayin

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back