Changing Out Radio

Reaction score
Just ordered a rebuilt unit that's got the AUX port so I can use my IPhone for free Boomer radio, looks the same as stock unit also has the six CD changer. After watching some You Tube video's doesn't look like a big deal to change out. Am I wrong? Anybody took a plastic spry tool, screwdriver and six pack and everything came out good? I'm talking about changing out the radio here! Thanks.

As long as you get the kit , it should be easy , I have always done my own swaps, although the prior owner to mine had already swapped the deck and cut the wires to the infinity amp, so I had a stereo place install mine , bypass the the amp and installed a 5 channel pioneer

Thanks Silver. Looks like this unit is a plug and play and after reviewing some install video's on You Tube appears to be not a big job but then again I tend to create more problems when I do my own work!

Will be offering my stock radio for sell when I get this replacement installed, the new unit is actually a rebuild original that's got the AUX port in it so it should be a plug and play install (hopefully). From You Tube video's I've watched on installing radio's in Ram trucks it looks pretty much straight forward with just a few screws to remove and popping off the front dash panel. Would love to hear from anyone who has done this to confirm if it is that easy. I will start a for sale thread on the radio I take out when the time comes. It's the six disc CD with slider controls looks brand new as truck only as 18k on it no worn knobs or anything. No Nav. Thanks.

Off topic, if you want clarity, change out your factory speakers to component two ways. The difference is huge.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back