Changing Spark Plugs, just a little help needed

SPACEMONKEY1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shields around the plugs, do you just yank em out? Or do they screw out? Thanks for the help guys!!! :rock: :rock:

-Peter

Just pull.... Pair of channel locks should do the trick...

Yank. Grab em' with a pair of Vicegrips and just work it back and forth. It will come out. Just a pressure fit.

Blow out the spark plug area with compressed air before you take the plug out. Don't want sand and dirt getting into the cylinder.

Ok got the driver side done, no problems. Now im at the #4 cylinder plug on the passanger side and the thing isn't screwing all the way down. I screwed it in the first time and noticed it was higher than the others and put the boot back on and some of the white is showing. I just broke the plug trying to get it down, knew I shouldn't have done that. I've attached pictures, they aren't too good with my cell phone. Not sure what to do here. I can tell it's not going all the way down because the anti-seize is going with the threads until a certain point then it stops. :mad: :mad:

plug02l.jpg

plug01w.jpg

Last edited:
Most auto part stores have a threads chaser for spark plugs. I would pick one up and run it down to make sure the threads are good. Make sure you are are starting the plugs by hand before tightening with a ratchet. If it is cross-threaded, you will have to get a thread repair kit.

-Muzzy

SPACEMONKEY1 said:
Got the chaser and got the plug in!!! :D :D :D Holy shit damn spark plugs.
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Too late but may help others later. When you run the thread chaser down the threads you need to cover it in grease first. This will help collect all the bits and pieces that you cut from the threads stay on the chaser and not fall down on top of the piston.

yellowfever#154 said:
Too late but may help others later. When you run the thread chaser down the threads you need to cover it in grease first. This will help collect all the bits and pieces that you cut from the threads stay on the chaser and not fall down on top of the piston.

Did that!!! I caked the anti-seize on when doing it, definitely helpful for anyone else who does this:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back