Changing the steering wheel

hashash

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it easy to do ?? Any tips or tricks ?? How to deal with the air bags ?

just putting on a new OEM one .

thanks
:)

Last edited:
best to not get involved with it. lot of bs involved with wiring and sensors. you have the air bag, horn, radio controls, and cruise controls. the horn you MIGHT get working with the new wheel, the rest you wont. your air bags will never work if the drivers isnt hooked up, and in reaqlity if you get a cop who wants to be a real asshole he can impound your truck for missing safety equipment. too much bs IMO

i am putting in a Stock wheel , just changing out mine because the leather is f**ed.

So its a straight swap.

The air bag is a concern...but if you disconnect the negative terminal on the battery, it should not deploy. The rest should be direct unplug and replug...I believe Django did his to have it recovered...you might pm him.

Stanimal said:
best to not get involved with it. lot of bs involved with wiring and sensors. you have the air bag, horn, radio controls, and cruise controls. the horn you MIGHT get working with the new wheel, the rest you wont. your air bags will never work if the drivers isnt hooked up, and in reaqlity if you get a cop who wants to be a real asshole he can impound your truck for missing safety equipment. too much bs IMO

Don't worry about the airbags working, they are just a myth, they really don't have any. I know, 45 MPH into a telephone pole, dead center front end collision and no airbags at all.:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

ccfeyh said:
Don't worry about the airbags working, they are just a myth, they really don't have any. I know, 45 MPH into a telephone pole, dead center front end collision and no airbags at all.:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:
not good......:argh:

hash replacing the steering wheel is very simple.

Just for precaution.

unplug the battery neg cable.

then wait a min or so

behind the steering wheel there a...

hell Ill go do it right now and take a pics just for the forum

FerrariTruck said:
hash replacing the steering wheel is very simple.

Just for precaution.

unplug the battery neg cable.

then wait a min or so

behind the steering wheel there a...

hell Ill go do it right now and take a pics just for the forum

:rock: :rock: :rock: good stuff

hashash said:
i am putting in a Stock wheel , just changing out mine because the leather is f**ed.

So its a straight swap.

If the truck has less than 36k the steering wheel will be replaced for free by the dealer;)

thewelshm

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back