Cheap Mod

johnnybravo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's subtle, but original as far as I know. I painted my exhaust tips black to match everything else. I used engine enamel so the heat won't mess with it. Also painted the SRT-10 badges black and took off the RAM ones. I ordered some of JMBs Viper head emblems to replace the ram heads on the tailgate and hood. Goal is to be chrome free.:rock:

Attachments

• rear pass.jpg
    rear pass.jpg
    699.9 KB · Views: 153
  • close-up.jpg
    close-up.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 113
i like that the badges look bad ass:congrats: :rock: you ever thought of tinting your tails?

and i try to keep mine clean & shiney, lol:marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

looks good man:rock: :rock: :rock:

Coley 1334 said:
i like that the badges look bad ass:congrats: :rock: you ever thought of tinting your tails?

Thanks man. Tinting my taillights and 3rd brake is up next. Just trying to find some Nite Shade here before I try orderinng a few cans.

johnnybravo said:
Thanks man. Tinting my taillights and 3rd brake is up next. Just trying to find some Nite Shade here before I try orderinng a few cans.

i would just take it to a painter i did mine in night shades it looks ok but not as good as it would with automotive paint JMO

and it will be about the same price as the cans as it would be to get them tinted by a painter

johnnybravo said:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Attachments

• product_photo-large_image-266.jpg
    product_photo-large_image-266.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 42
andrew heywood said:
VERY nice custom look, you have a turbo or supercharger?

No blower yet, but hopefully this summer I'll be hearing that little whistle under the hood...

Coley 1334 said:
i would just take it to a painter i did mine in night shades it looks ok but not as good as it would with automotive paint JMO

and it will be about the same price as the cans as it would be to get them tinted by a painter

I didn't realize that auto paint wouldn't completely black out the lights. Did he just lay down a single layer or something? Might have to look into going that route.

ha ha I just stole this MOD> I am got the paint today an I will get it done tomorrow hopefully

JRSVIPR said:
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

The pic of those tail lights in your reply, where can one get them??? I like 'em!!!! :D :D

johnnybravo said:
I didn't realize that auto paint wouldn't completely black out the lights. Did he just lay down a single layer or something? Might have to look into going that route.

its just a mix of clear coat and black

According to the latest polls, that's... That's pretty damn good looking. Now get in the cab and take the polished look of your shifter shaft.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back