Cheap Traction Improvement

Tooloe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
K guy well i'v taken my truck to the track 2 times so far and could not get traction at all 1st and 2nd gear are usless...So i was in search of trying to find a Cheap and easy Route to get traction and stop the rear end from danceing every where while spinning...or going from stop light to stop light just slaming gears cause yuour bored and the trucks front end rises and falls every shift..well here what i'v come up with This might have already been covered but i'm to lazy to search... plus i want to get my post coount up:dontknow: anyway total cost is around 11 bucks.....heres what i did

I went to Autozone and bought Spring clamps..and some desent size washers

Heres what i did when i got home jacked the rearend of the truck up enuff to where i could get the bump stops out of the traction bars that are already on the truck.....took the bump stop slid 3 washers onto the bolt of the bump stop reinstalled the bump stop....an instant 1/2 inch taller bump stop... and that should make the truck have better traction.. i also installed the spring clamps on the front of the leaf pack and tightend the piss out of them...... my result was an insane diffrence.. no more bouncy bounce down the track.....and red light to red light no more looking like your truck is going to pop the front end off the ground..... i'm impressed for only spending 11 bucks or so.....sorry if this has already been covered but i'm a tight butt and don't like spending money that doesn't have to be spent... not i'm not telling you this'll take such and such off your time slip i'm just saying that bone stock with a muffler and a smal shot of spray it works great.:rock:

interesting ----yes you need to get your post count up and get rid of the got a hemi......:)

i'll get some pictures of it tonight..and post them up tomorrow but.. it helps believe it or not..... i still do have a hemi tho lol just i'm a bigger fan of the SRT-10 lol

yea for some reason the RC guys have all the traction problems. I'm not going to complain about mine (yet) since I have been able to hit decent 1.8 60' times with the stock setup.

sounds like i might have to try the bump stop trick. what did it do to the ride quality...

honestly i think it rides better on the highway.. i'm leaveing the spring clamps and the washers on the truck.. i like it being stiff in the rear end cause i drive hard

"Nitro Dave"

Is this the same Dave that is "big" with the LSx cars? The same one that was one of the innovators for adding nitrous to the LS1 powered cars in the late 90's. :rock:

yes sir he sure is... his shops 30 miles from my house....his website is nitrousoutlet.com lots of new stuff for dodge trucks to

Also i think another thing i'v been thinking about trying is the shock on the axle..makeing a piece of square tubeing..to lock the pinion angle down and it would cut down on axle wrap i would think so..... i'm going to start messing with it and figuer out something...has anybody else tried this....and what is that shock for ?

That shock is for making sure that the axle doesnt "wrap" too much when you mash the pedal. With all the torque these trucks have stock, it is needed. The Caltracs aid in the same way , i think, but from a different location and are much more aggressive than that shock.

less horsepower is a good traction improvement...it's also girlie:D

cal tracs and the JBM stage 2 traction kit works well for me

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back