Cheapest Parts?

riley6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who has the cheapest performance parts on the web? I know a couple folks sell on here right, but had to ask...

No one on this site has cheap parts:mad: They are all sensibly, practically, realistically, fairly, moderately and reasonably priced parts:D

Last edited:
riley6 said:
Who has the cheapest performance parts on the web? I know a couple folks sell on here right, but had to ask...

:dontknow: what are you looking to upgrade? maybe then we can point you in the right direction..

black pearl said:
No one on this site has cheap parts:mad: They are all sensibly, practically, realistically, fairly, moderately and reasonably priced parts:D

Touche :D

perk_1405 said:
:dontknow: what are you looking to upgrade? maybe then we can point you in the right direction..

Well I am leaning toward the nitrous direction (I know, some say)...but I am willing to take the risk. I really don't think 50rwhp is going to do it for me from the typical stuff - SCT, headers, catless, etc; and my pockets aren't that deep.

JMB Justin has nitrous not sure who else....
Be careful about getting the cheapest price on nitrous I would make sure to get it from a proven vendor who has allot of experience with it in the Srt-10's...IMO..
Headers, Cat less mids go for the cheapest.. they are hard to screw up tuners and laughing gas go with the best.....IMO...

Well I guess I should have said most reasonable, because I don't want lack of quality or incompetence. I just don't want to get railroaded by a local shop :argh: For example, I just pulled up JMB's nitrous kit $1300; and a guy quoted me last week $1500-1600 NOS system installed (100-150 shot).

It all depends on what you want out of the system. The JMB system is a top notch system. There are many nice upgrades included in his system.

What do you want from the nitrous system? What are you going to use as the trigger? Safety features? Things to think about are Wide Open Throttle (WOT) switches, Window Switches, Then you can get fancy with Fuel pressure safety switches. Do you already have a VEC? If so, it can perform as the trigger device with many of the safety features available to a talented tuner. The last and most important part is the TUNE. A no frill system tuned by a competent tuner is more desirable than a super duper system that is not properly tuned.

tinygiants said:
It all depends on what you want out of the system. The JMB system is a top notch system. There are many nice upgrades included in his system.

What do you want from the nitrous system? What are you going to use as the trigger? Safety features? Things to think about are Wide Open Throttle (WOT) switches, Window Switches, Then you can get fancy with Fuel pressure safety switches. Do you already have a VEC? If so, it can perform as the trigger device with many of the safety features available to a talented tuner. The last and most important part is the TUNE. A no frill system tuned by a competent tuner is more desirable than a super duper system that is not properly tuned.

This may be unrealistic, but I want to terrorize the street, fly down the drag strip, and keep up with the cars on the road course (I will be doing all 3). I want something auto - WOT and window switch. No, it is currently stock.

What year truck? I have some items like an SCT for sale- mine was a 2004...

Yeah what year is your truck? If its an 04, changing out the rear gears will make a big improvement. Cutting out the cats will free up lots of "cheap" HP. Dont think that FI or NOS is the only way to really get your truck moving faster. My truck is a completly different beast with what I have done.

When it comes to NOS............the last thing I would want is the cheapest installed system on my very expensive viper motor. You really get what you pay for.

Lots of used parts come up for sale quite often on this site. Its a great way to pick up quality parts at a discount price.

patrick

riley6 said:
It's an 05. What happened to your engine? ouch
Blew the s.o.b. up, #3 rod, #4 rod, broke- oil galley under the cam tunnel broke and windowed the block.

My advise there is NO cheap parts, only CAREFUL planning and upgrading.;)

Remember that nitrious may not be so cheap in the long run..per HP output is is harder on your engine than other mods because the power does not come on gradually..it comes on hard and fast..you hammer that engine enough with 150-175 instant HP and the stock enternals are going exit through the oil pan..:argh:

This the kind of hard knocks I need to hear cause I know I will use the bottle everytime I drive it. How about 100-125 shot, is that safer?

riley6 said:
This the kind of hard knocks I need to hear cause I know I will use the bottle everytime I drive it. How about 100-125 shot, is that safer?

Remember the mantra..................."Nos is a like a hot chick with an STD, you wanna hit it, but are afraid of the consequences" !!:burnout:

Check out the blown engine thread/poll............notice how many blew with Nos installed.

patrick

riley6 said:

I would highly recommend forging if you are going to add 100 or more HP...especially if you do it with nitrious........I would also forge if you beat on the truck often & hard everytime you drive it...even if it is stock..JMO..

For street use, road racing, and drag racing I would go for a SC or turbo set up.

mauiSRT/10 said:
When it comes to NOS............the last thing I would want is the cheapest installed system on my very expensive viper motor. You really get what you pay for.

patrick

Patrick,
I mean no disrespect, but the nitrous basics are not expensive. You need a bottle, a solenoid for the nitrous, and a reliable method to add fuel. For stand alone systems use a wet shot. They are still affordable, and with a WOT switch and a window switch, they are as safe as any of the "Expensive" nitrous systems. This is all predicated on a proper tune.

If you were referring to the quality of the install, then I agree.

In my case I am using an existing VEC, so I bought the budget system. This was by direction from PBJ and Sean Roe. All I need is a bottle and nitrous solenoid. The rest is done with the VEC.

tinygiants said:
Patrick,
I mean no disrespect, but the nitrous basics are not expensive. You need a bottle, a solenoid for the nitrous, and a reliable method to add fuel. For stand alone systems use a wet shot. They are still affordable, and with a WOT switch and a window switch, they are as safe as any of the "Expensive" nitrous systems. This is all predicated on a proper tune.

If you were referring to the quality of the install, then I agree.

In my case I am using an existing VEC, so I bought the budget system. This was by direction from PBJ and Sean Roe. All I need is a bottle and nitrous solenoid. The rest is done with the VEC.

All good Dale. I was referring to quality of install and overall attitude towards the mod. ie... dont skimp on parts to save money, because our engines are way expensive to fix.

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back