Check engine light

JustinRamSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Quick question. For the last week my check engine light has been on. I noticed about 3 days ago that my tach will sometimes drop down to as low as 200 rpm when coming to a stop. I know the engine is not running that slow lol. But as soon as I just barely touch the throttle, it rapidly shoots up to 1000rpm and continues on as normal. Has anyone experienced this before? I suspect it has something to do with the crank sensor. It just so happens that my scan tool from snap on was defective and I won't have another one for a least a week.

Hey guys. Quick question. For the last week my check engine light has been on. I noticed about 3 days ago that my tach will sometimes drop down to as low as 200 rpm when coming to a stop. I know the engine is not running that slow lol. But as soon as I just barely touch the throttle, it rapidly shoots up to 1000rpm and continues on as normal. Has anyone experienced this before? I suspect it has something to do with the crank sensor. It just so happens that my scan tool from snap on was defective and I won't have another one for a least a week.

You likely have an 06 correct? Most all of them do that and likely not you your check engine issue. Cycle key 3 times from off to on and leave on after 3rd turn. It'll
Flash codes in odometer area. Report back

Or use SIMMS for the rear O2 sensors.

or you can use non-fouling spark plug adapters as spacers to space the sensor away from the stream. Worked like a charm on my Magnum 360 when i took the cats off and its a $10 fix :rock:
heres a link to where i found the source

How to cure Mil from removing cat with a Non-Fouler - Ford F150 Forum

Heres a Viper forum talking about this method
http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/664237-spark-plug-non-fouler-size-for-o2-sensor

or you can use non-fouling spark plug adapters as spacers to space the sensor away from the stream. Worked like a charm on my Magnum 360 when i took the cats off and its a $10 fix :rock:

spark plug non fouler size for o2 sensor?

Well honestly you can just tie new one to frame and put plug in bunghole! Problem is you still have to have a working/good O2 sensor ;)

Well honestly you can just tie new one to frame and put plug in bunghole! Problem is you still have to have a working/good O2 sensor ;)

oh yea...DUH! haha

Hey venomous1 not to high jack the thread but i am having a hard time finding the main bearing. would you happen to have some?
Id pm you but i cant send pms yet

spark plug non fouler size for o2 sensor?

That may not always work. I've seen many cases where it didn't. The electronic ones do work all the time. Just make double damned sure you get one for a Dodge, they are different than the other manufactures.

--CC

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back