Check out cars that hold their Value

hmmm in canada its even higher, paid 45 for mine in 05 .. can sell today for 45 , love this canadian market :)

How about that..we are in the top 20.:elefant: ..with the Chevy SSR????.:dontknow: ....anyway maybe depreciation on these tanks is beginning to slow down...

TNVIPER said:
How about that..we are in the top 20.:elefant: ..with the Chevy SSR????.:dontknow: ....anyway maybe depreciation on these tanks is beginning to slow down...
Maybe so, hell lets hope so:rock:

That article was written in 2004, hasn't proven to be true.

FATJACK said:
we made the top 10......
I think this is the key here..... There are a couple of points worth mentioning. First, in '04 nobody had any idea production would end in '06, as well as the price of gas skyrocketing. Keep in mind dealerships were blowing out the final remaining inventory. There is now, by comparison to other vehicle production numbers, a relatively small, finite number of these vehicles left in existence. Some of the previous facts stated, add to the value, and others detract. One more item which I believe has impacted the resale value of this truck (or any vehicle for that matter) is the "forced" sale. If ,for any reason, what so ever, you are a motivated seller, you will always consider taking less for anything you are selling. If you are a buyer in this market, you are obviously looking for this person. Naturally this would have an effect on resale values. When people complained how much money they "lost" in their portfolio of investments, during a "down" cycle, my answer was always, "you haven't lost anything unless you sell". Its never a straight line up. It was good to see our trucks receive some notoriety. Just my .02 Thanks for the article.:)

joemags54 said:
I think this is the key here..... There are a couple of points worth mentioning. First, in '04 nobody had any idea production would end in '06, as well as the price of gas skyrocketing. Keep in mind dealerships were blowing out the final remaining inventory. There is now, by comparison to other vehicle production numbers, a relatively small, finite number of these vehicles left in existence. Some of the previous facts stated, add to the value, and others detract. One more item which I believe has impacted the resale value of this truck (or any vehicle for that matter) is the "forced" sale. If ,for any reason, what so ever, you are a motivated seller, you will always consider taking less for anything you are selling. If you are a buyer in this market, you are obviously looking for this person. Naturally this would have an effect on resale values. When people complained how much money they "lost" in their portfolio of investments, during a "down" cycle, my answer was always, "you haven't lost anything unless you sell". Its never a straight line up. It was good to see our trucks receive some notoriety. Just my .02 Thanks for the article.:)
Preach it brother:D

A good example of cars that have still have a high resale is the 1987 Buick Grand National. low end for a 50K car is around $19,000. That's a car that is 20 years old.

After all of JoeMags' points, don't forget that the US Dollar is in the toilet right now.
Hell, the Sri Lanka Rupee is kicking our ass.

That why you spend it here, and not there. :D

Canadians ranchers are coming all the way to Oklahoma to buy up 4 wheelers.
They are buying like 5 to 10 at a time because they save that much compared to what they are having to buy them there.

iraqivet01 said:
A good example of cars that have still have a high resale is the 1987 Buick Grand National. low end for a 50K car is around $19,000. That's a car that is 20 years old.
Yea and they made like 20,000 GNs in 87 alone. That doesn't include the T's either. The 86 should be worth more because they only made around 5100 GN's, but its not.:dontknow: The 87 seems to bring the most money. I test drove a brand new 87, and I still kick myself in the ass for not buying it. I could of bought it for 12,000.:mad:

Kevan said:
After all of JoeMags' points, don't forget that the US Dollar is in the toilet right now.
Hell, the Sri Lanka Rupee is kicking our ass.
Thanks Kevan, I tried to keep it "On Topic" as best I could, which meant keeping the emotional side of our purchases/sales, out of it, since the article only relates to "resale" value. Naturally the value of the dollar and the fact that we are entering a "global economy" would definately impact value, good and bad. It's just great to see us listed! I printed the article and I am adding it to my srt-10 paperwork file.................................(except I still think that someone much smarter than me can build a solid case proving a correlation between emotion and value, maybe Prof can design an experiment/research)........................................................................ Note to NewMexico, you should have titled this thread "....vehicles that keep their value", there might have been more views/replies! Great post anyway.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back