Check your crank pulley bolt!!!

OsirruZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not long after I first bought my truck I had the typical issue with the crank pulley bolt wanting to back out. I brought it in, they fixed it under warranty. They put on a new pulley and put lock tight on the bolt. Well, last week, 28k miles later my truck started with the belt squeaking. I brought it in today to my friends shop (Ex Dodge tech) to see what was going on, it was really pissing me off. Hard to look cool at a redlight in an SRT with a squeaking belt. He told me the crank pulley bolt was backing off yet again. We tightened it up for now. I guess Im gonna bring it back to dodge and let them warranty it yet again.

I know most have done this initially but how many people have had to go back in for it a second time? Im kinda angry about this. Small, simple and easily fixed but dammit!!!!

you mean the one center bolt in middle of pully or the smaller ones around the center one? My center one stays tight and the smaller ones back off...

FastSRT19 said:
you mean the one center bolt in middle of pully or the smaller ones around the center one? My center one stays tight and the smaller ones back off...

The center main bolt

Hmmm ok, never had a problem there, i was under the impression it wasn't the center one...i'll have to go check mine now...i just tightened the other ones

Mine was loose when installed the ROE and it was loose again when I took it apart when I blew it up. Its just a crappy designed system and everyone needs to do one of 2 things. Either get a crank pinning kit from ROE or pull the crank, have it keyed and install a ATI Dampner. Then even when the bolt still comes loose, because it will, then it wont destroy the crank.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back