Chicago Area SRT 10 Folks!

I had a great time and so did my parents! I have a few pics from the car show, but I've been a little busy today. I will make sure I post later once I am home :D :D

Thank you Roy!! :rock:

Me too Alex...here is the way Christine and I have dealt with the sorrow of losing Seren yesterday after you left:

img111.jpg

They are absolutely adorable!! What did you name them? Sorry to hear about Seren :( How are Dipity & Aero handling it?

What no chickens??? :dontknow: :dontknow:

Prof said:
Me too Alex...here is the way Christine and I have dealt with the sorrow of losing Seren yesterday after you left:

img111.jpg

Beautiful cats Roy, sorry about Seren. :(

I felt good to be with my best pet, as he slipped away yesterday...Chris wanted to bury him in our yard and we did so...and it was a good recommendation.

Kittens solve every bad feeling! We adopted them, and Aero Space just likes sniffing their butts, Dippity (Seren's twin brother) just has no time for juveniles...he is too busy sleeping in all of the places that Seren would never give up to him. He is top cat now...and is enjoying being the boss.

Well here is my household.

Pear the cat trying to work out the living arrangements with JD the pup and Taffy the poor old terrier sleeping through it...

Unfortunately, JD is a bit of a slow learner so this is usually a daily event... ;) Aero space is pretty luck to have the kittens around when they are young...

Wil

Attachments

• JDandPear.jpg
    JDandPear.jpg
    440.6 KB · Views: 22
Roy, the death of a pet is always difficult. However the new additions do help ease the pain.

You do know that this would have been the perfect time to get those chickens.:D

Bill.

What the heck happend? Everyone was alive and well when I left.....

Roy, probably tried to give some dessert to the cat..... lol

I will get some pictures up this evening.

Paul

Too much dessert and left over beer!

Seren passed in a sugar and beer rapture!

My condolences Prof. It is very difficult when a "family member" passes. It is the "downside" of compassion and love..... I'm sure you already know quite well, the "upside".... Glad your GTG went well. I am going to Chicago for a convention in Oct. Maybe we can have a drink together and solve most of the world's problems. At the very least we can raise a glass to all the loving creatures we call pets. :)

Hell yes Joe!

Please coordinate with us...that will be a must do meeting! Dinner on me at a fine eating establishment that serves wonderful wine and scrumptious culinary delights, there are lots to choose from! Chicago knows good food!

Prof said:
Hell yes Joe!

Please coordinate with us...that will be a must do meeting! Dinner on me at a fine eating establishment that serves wonderful wine and scrumptious culinary delights, there are lots to choose from! Chicago knows good food!
Thanks Prof, we'll have to arm wrestle for the check. I'm flying in on the 19th (it's a Sunday). I usually leave on Wed. Convention is at the Sheraton, (already sold out) I'm going to try and book a room at the Hard Rock Hotel (sounds like fun), maybe it's a second or third mid-life crisis. I'll keep you up to date as the days roll by...... PS.... Chicago is my favorite destination!. Last time I spent some time at a blues club. Please don't ask me which one. My memory is terrible.

Last edited:
Its a date...if you get in early enough on the 19th that will be the evening...or Monday or Tuesday if that works better.

Roy

P.S. I'm older but out weight you by at least 50 lbs. you would be best advised to just let me handle the check!

Prof said:
Its a date...if you get in early enough on the 19th that will be the evening...or Monday or Tuesday if that works better.

Roy

P.S. I'm older but out weight you by at least 50 lbs. you would be best advised to just let me handle the check!
OK Sunday the 19th, it's a date. I usually schedule my arrival for late afternoons, so dinner will be perfect. My administrative assistant is yelling from her office the 4:00 out of Islip will get me to Midway at 5:20. We can have dinner around 7:00. How's that? PS... She'll book me into the Hard Rock tomorrow..... That check thing may be non-negotiable.... PPSS, its 4:30, I'm leaving my office. I'll check in with you at home..

Last edited:
A few photos from the actual car show:
100_1906.jpg

100_1910.jpg

100_1911.jpg

100_1913.jpg

100_1914.jpg

100_1916.jpg

100_1919.jpg

100_1923.jpg

100_1924.jpg

100_1925.jpg

100_1926.jpg

100_1927.jpg

100_1929.jpg

I had an absolute wonderful time!!!

Roy and Chris, you are both such wonderful people and I appreciate the great hospitality!!

I’m sorry someone put the idea in Chris’ head to get chickens! But just think – you’ll always have eggs in the house :D :D :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I’m sure meeting my parents explains a whole lot about me :p – but I know they had a great time too! It has been a couple years since we’ve spent some time together. You are a bad influence though – giving my mother a cigar! – what were you thinking? :D :D :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

To everyone that I met this weekend – it was wonderful meeting you!! It’s great putting a face with a screenname :D

To Billy: thank you so much for this weekend. It meant so much to me. I am sorry you had to suffer in the hot oven for 20 minutes and eat the back of a headrest :D :D but you may never exactly how much it really did mean to me! Again, thank you and I love you!! :love:

P.S. - ROY - YOU GOTTA LET ME KNOW WHERE YOU GOT THAT BED!!! :rock: :rock:

And a few more pics - but they're of the Chicago Botanic Gardens that my parents, Billy, and I walked around a little bit :D

100_1869.jpg

100_1879.jpg

100_1891.jpg

100_1901.jpg

Alex, I always have a great time when I'm with you. And look at the bright side, you got to see first hand how well your patience training is working on me.:D

Bill.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back